• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Young Conure Behaviour issues

W.Delirium

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Naomi
Seeking advice,
I recently adopted a Jenday conure (born 09/09/2019). She was doing fine with adjusting to her new home at first, being super cuddly and an absolute sweetheart, but after a month I noticed she became hyperactive, screams all the time especially when I leave or enter the room, if she even hears anyone in the house awake In the morning, she screams rapidly.
I recently try to teach her other tricks to burn up this energy (as she already knows step up).
But training is difficult she doesn't want to stay focused, she just ignores me and plays with perch or focuses on anything around her.
Her wings were clipped when I got her and she has started to molt. Her interest in flight has increased even though she doesn't gets far.
Is her erratic rebellious behaviour a part of hormones or a development phase as she grows?
Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
:bump7:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Considering she's still young, I would say it's just a part of growing up and you just need to keep working on training her and teaching her self independence through play and foraging activities.