• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yesterday's Adventure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Ohh, thats the special thing about this little guy. He definitely has to be by himself. He got his first name because he doesn't do well with other budgies or birds sharing a cage space, and I'm very anxious to see how he does being in a room with my birds after the quarantine period is over. I would never want to put him in a stressful situation, so Baby Budgie Bird will always be an only parakeet in that big cage of his/hers.
Anne-I was just going to PM you for info! I knew you kept your parakeets seperate and I was going to ask for some enrichment info, I know from other posts that they are a type of bird that operates better in a "flock" setting, so I want to make sure I'm meeting all of his needs while keeping him an "only bird". He of course will never be allowed out at the same time as Archie and Ella...I just know Ella would hunt him down and I don't trust the situation, not even with me supervising.

I have 8 budgies in one big flight cage. they LOVE their toys. They love swings, they love shreddy stuff, they really like anything with wicker, they like beads, the really love it all. I got them one of those perches that has like a big wicker plate and a bunch of stuff attached and they went crazy. Also, my budgies are the best eaters of all my birds. They always eat ALL their fresh food.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I have 8 budgies in one big flight cage. they LOVE their toys. They love swings, they love shreddy stuff, they really like anything with wicker, they like beads, the really love it all. I got them one of those perches that has like a big wicker plate and a bunch of stuff attached and they went crazy. Also, my budgies are the best eaters of all my birds. They always eat ALL their fresh food.

Vicki, that is a huge relief to me! I've got a couple of toys in there right now but he/she is not interested...I'm assuming due to the stress of the situation. Baby Budgie Bird has a large cage, so plenty of room to deck it out :laughing12:
Also really glad about the fresh. Coming from Petco, he/she is on a seed diet, and I am definitely looking to change that. I tried offering some fresh veggies this morning along with breakfast mashie, but I wasn't surprised when it was left untouched.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats on your new addition!! Give him some time. They come around quite quickly!!:)

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Congrats on baby budgie bird I am sure he will thrive in your care :)

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thats so exciting! Congratz and cant wait see pics of the little one.

Tielygirl

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Congrats!!!!

WHAT???!!!?? No photos!!!????!!! How dare you! :lol:

WE need pics of baby budgie bird! He will do wonderful in your care! My budgies LOVE swings, mirrors, and anything they can take apart! Did I mention they love swings? :D lol both of mine have to be in a swing at bedtime! its so cute.

Gosh with all these new birdies around my MBS is kicking in! I keep telling myself that I have enough already!!! ;)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations on him!

Matt

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Thats so funny, I remember you saying you felt your MBS acting up! LOL Congrats on the new addition - I LOVE budie noises, thats why I have 6, LOL

platinum

Real Name
Sharon
Congrats on your new baby. I love budgies too, planning on adding a couple when we move.

Now... Pictures!

:congratualtions:

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
congrats on the new budgie - You do know they're just like chips you can't stop at just one ;)

ya Spaz and spastic both suck for names

could always name him/her Lucky , :) I have a tiel named that because he truly is lucky to be alive

my budgies love craft sticks, straw hats(the kind for dolls) ,beads, bells (bells are a must in my house), The string/rope I attach the toys with toilet paper rolls, cut up (in to squares) cardboard attached to toys, Straws, anything really they can destroy :D

is he settled in yet? PICS PLEASE? :D

Yes i'm going through withdraws I need another budgie and can't find what I'm looking for well actually I need 2 I know what I want just can't find them

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Pics coming tonight, I'm hunting like mad for my little uploader thingie for my camera so that I can show you guys. He's getting settled yes, but still very afraid of hands and humans. Getting his water dish and skewer in and out of his cage has proved challenging :hehe:. But I promise, pics tonight! If I can't find my hook up, I'll snap more pics with Paul's camera, and being Mr. Organized, I'm sure he has dedicated a space to his wires and labeled it with his label maker, so that it will be idiot-proofed for me :rolleyes:.
I do adore him! But they said he gets stressed out sharing cagespace with another budgie, so I won't be adding a budgie to live with him. But he certainly is a different kind of experience from my Velcro-Conures!

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
How is your little cutie pie Baby Budgie Bird doing today? :)

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Baby Budgie Bird is doing well, no thanks to me :(
http://forums.avianavenue.com/bird-boulevard/21820-budgie-scare.html

I have all the pictures but I STILL can't find that silly little hook up thing. I am going to take some with Paul's and get it all set up for you guys so you can see him. He is greyish, and I think he has the lacewing mutation. He's a pretty boy, and needs a better name than Baby Budgie Bird :lol: I'm going to do a poll as soon as I actually get a picture up.

Status
Not open for further replies.