• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Yellow poop?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juhi882

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
Juhi, one day, send me a list of things and I can pick it up and ship it to India for you for future use. Like the cayenne and acv.
Awwww Thank you sooo much Danita! that is soo nice of you :hug8:

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
I've put them to bed now, offered some water but mitthu just licked it and when i didn't take the spoon away she growled at me!
Her last poop was less yellow and a bit more in "shape" almost like the normal one imean the tube like shape and all but its still watery. sorry couldn't put it in right words:o:

I've also left a message for Dr. Burkett with the pics, hope he replies back.

Shall i cover mitthu's cage with an extra cover/blanket to keep her more warm or is it okay with just the way i usually do it?

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Juhi it sounds like you have been given some good advice. I dont really have much to add but just wanted to add my prayers and good thoughts.:hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
The extra warmth might not be a bad idea. I am sure Dr. B will answer you.

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
Thanks Pat :hug8:

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Oh No! Not our beautiful Mitthu! :(

In the morning, do you have any fruit juice you could mix with the water (offered on a spoon/syringe) to temp her more to drink it? Ceddy will Not drink water from a syringe but laps it up with even just a little fruit juice mixed in.

Sending much healing energy and positive thoughts hoping that it's nothing serious! I do hope Dr. B can/will help you! :hug8:

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Juhi, Please do not take offense to what I'm about to ask you....
Where does your water for drinking / cooking/ feeding birds come from?
Waterborne diseases are caused by pathogenic microorganisms which are directly transmitted when contaminated fresh water is consumed.
Waterborne diseases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Does the city/town you live in have a water treatment plant that delivers clean water to your house?
Effects of Water Pollution
Winged Wisdom Pet Bird Magazine - Kitchen Physician VII - Citricidal: Cure & Disinfectant For Parrots and Pet Birds
Grapefruit Seed Extract
Natural Remedies For Parrots
WellVet.Com
:hug8:

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
Thanks Astrid :hug8:

Juhi, Please do not take offense to what I'm about to ask you....
Where does your water for drinking / cooking/ feeding birds come from?
Waterborne diseases are caused by pathogenic microorganisms which are directly transmitted when contaminated fresh water is consumed.
Waterborne diseases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Does the city/town you live in have a water treatment plant that delivers clean water to your house?
Effects of Water Pollution
Winged Wisdom Pet Bird Magazine - Kitchen Physician VII - Citricidal: Cure & Disinfectant For Parrots and Pet Birds
Grapefruit Seed Extract
Natural Remedies For Parrots
WellVet.Com
No not at all BF infact i'm blessed to have ppl like you all who are concerned for my babie as much as i am

I have no idea abt where the water come from!:o:
so dumb of me never thought abt it! i'll find that out first thing

but for the fids i use filtered water
we have an RO (Reverse Osmosis?)water purifier
Hope thats good enough?

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
I'm certainly no expert, but I just had another thought. Do you have or can you get Chamomile?

Chamomile tea is known to boost immune system, aid digestion, possibly kidney function, has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties and is generally a 'heal-all' remedy. This is for humans/mammals but I'd assume it would be the same for birds. It is bird safe and certainly wouldn't hurt to give to Mitthu, whatever else might be prescribed/suggested.

I haven't tried it with Ceddy but from what I've read many parrots love the flavour so it possibly would have the added effect to entice Mitthu to drink - ?

Last edited:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I hope your baby gets back to normal soon. Will be thinking of you two.:hug8:

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
Thanks miriam

I'm certainly no expert, but I just had another thought. Do you have or can you get Chamomile?

Chamomile tea is known to boost immune system, aid digestion, possibly kidney function, has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties and is generally a 'heal-all' remedy. This is for humans/mammals but I'd assume it would be the same for birds. It is bird safe and certainly wouldn't hurt to give to Mitthu, whatever else might be prescribed/suggested.

I haven't tried it with Ceddy but from what I've read many parrots love the flavour so it possibly would have the added effect to entice Mitthu to drink - ?
Yess! that is one thing i can get!
i used to drink green tea a while back and the brand i used had chamomile tea as well and its organic too!
I'll go to the market first thing in the morningtomorrow after finishing my chores. i'll get chamomile tea, papaya and will try again for ACV

dorn27

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kristi
Also, if you are using RO filtered water, you water is perfectly safe or we can be sure it's not the water.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Opa has been having yellow and green urates like that too. I think its because of the medications Opa is on.

Bokka one of my other umbies has yellow and green urates every now and again, he does have liver and kidney problems, although they have gotten better they still show signs of being stressed and the result will be that color urination :(

Just make sure your feeding a healthy rounded diet, and watch her for the next 24hours. If she has continued yellow and green urates (even if they come and go every few days or once a couple times a week, etc), I would get her Milk Thistle and other healthy holistic products that are known to help the liver.

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
She looks fine eating less but playing and screaming alright!
her poops are not yellow any more but not normal either
this is the pile of poop i found when i uncovered her cage in the morning
it looks fine to me. is it?
Picture 027.jpg

and these are her very recent poop, they look watery!:(
Picture 034.jpg

I'm sorry for poting the poop pics:o: but i need to have second opinions i'm alone and very confused
in an hour i'll be heading out to get things i want for her

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
The morning poop looks pretty good.

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
her morning poop looks normal - alot like my IRNS

Maybe she's drinking more water than normal and your just not seeing it?? or eating foods with high water content? I know high water content foods like cucumbers, melons, iceberg lettuce gives them watery poop

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
I agree, looks normal to me compared with Ceddy's (Ceddy's morning poop is bigger but she's an Alex not IRN, of course :). Certainly much better than yesterday's

Ceddy gets the more watery poops (not diarrhoea) and even occasionally droppings without any solids, when she has a lot of fruits like oranges, berries and such, and with high water content veggies like corn. All quite normal as long as the solids are somewhat 'formed' according to my vet.

Also, are you monitoring her weight? I would keep a very close eye on that with a gram scale, especially now.

:hug8::hug8::hug8:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
What great advise you've been given already and the morning poop looks really good. Hope everything will be ok...you are doing great!:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.