• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yeast Infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyParrotLady

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Becca
It should figure, with the issues that I'm having, that I should have another that really needs to go see the vet.

At first, I thought Amelia was just being her normal, bratty self. She wanted a nap, and anything that disturbed her nap was met with complaint. Her amount of naps have increased, although her activity when she's not napping has not decreased at all. Today, while getting her bath and fluffing out all her feathers, I noticed that she had a little bald spot around her crop. Looking at a couple of her older bathing pictures, I've noticed it too. It's made me wonder if perhaps my girlie's caught a yeast infection?

She really doesn't act sick aside from an increase in naps.

I need to ask the vet if he'll take a payment plan; this is all coming at a very bad time. :/

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
You can do Apple cider vinegar in her water for a fee days, I think Brags (?) Brand is best. My birds don't touch their water if it has a hint of ACV in it, so I syringe feed it to them, twice a day for a few days, when I feel I need to. Haven't had to use ACV for a year, although recently, Im thinking about getting some "just in case".

CrazyParrotLady

Real Name
Becca
I've had most of them on a small amount of organic ACV in their water since they've come here, actually - to give them a boost through a stressful time. How much ACV do you give 'em twice a day?

CrazyParrotLady

Real Name
Becca
And here she goes acting perfectly normal; singing, dancing, displaying, playing with her toys. I've noticed the "bald spot" but I haven't noticed any plucked feathers below. There are a few down feathers that look molted to me (they're still fluffy and look like Jack's regular molted feathers.) but that's about the gist of it. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but I've got a bit of yogurt for her in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.