• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yam Bars

SamatranTiger

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I did something like this for Christmas last year. I used pellets and made them in a flour state, and I added some vegetables and seeds, like you, so that everything would stick together. They look pretty similar!

How much did you keep them? I don’t think mine were good after more than a few days.
Yours look way nicer! Are they soft? These bars are a hard and crunchy treat! I keep enough in the fridge for 5 days and freeze the rest :)

anurim

Strolling the yard
Yours look way nicer! Are they soft? These bars are a hard and crunchy treat! I keep enough in the fridge for 5 days and freeze the rest :)
they weren’t too soft, but enough for my tiel to bite into them. the colored bits are actually pellets from a seed mix, that he never actually cared about, so I thought they would add a nice touch to the cookies.

Mine actually lasted for 3 days max, they went hard after that, and I didn’t even think about freezing them! They were quite easy to make, so I’ll probably do them again this year:)

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those look lovely! Your flock is so lucky to get such yummy treats made for them.