• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

X Fingers Crossed X, got an egg :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Missy, estimated first hatch is Dec 26-27. I'm eggcited as you waiting for them to hatch :)

You'll enjoy Kateris books. The Livingston Turacos are beautiful. I wish I had known you liked Turacos. I had a beautiful pair of Violets I took up to a friend of mines petshop.

I just checked on the BN for the night. The males are hanging in their sleeping position for the night. And the hens are both on the nest.

Attachments

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
I love to grow peas in the gardens...the birds love the flowers/new shoots and the peas!:hug8:
-------------------------------------------

Thanks! Do you have any favorite types to recomend? I'll have to plant them away from where the geese will get to them.

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Oh man oh man oh man! How special! Christmas/New Years chickies :heart: It is getting SO close! Can't wait! :dance4:

Susanne! You had a turaco pair?! I would have been honored to adopt them from you :dance5:HOWEVER, I guess the timing wouldn't have been right because I don't have the aviary build yet...I keep putting it off! :rolleyes:

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Actually, what I REALLY wanna do is turn my bird room closet into an aviary... :dancing:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Actually, what I REALLY wanna do is turn my bird room closet into an aviary... :dancing:
----------------------------------------

That would work. I had an indoor outdoor aviary once. I had glass sliding dooors and built half of it in the room and half out. This way, on the days with real bad weather I could shoo the birds inside and close the door.

You can also build a cage and attach it to a window so that they can go in and out, and have the room as a flight room.

Attachments

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Susan,

I see your in Idaho. How far are you from Caldwell? In July/08 I shipped a pair of White-backed mousebirds there. If you are not too far, I can tell you who has them so that you can see some up close.
I'm only 45 minutes from Caldwell. But I go over to Nampa which it right next to Caldwell at least once a week since my parents live there now.

These little guys have my interest for sure.:)

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
How do you protect your outside flocks from getting anything from wild birds
------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a pix of my wild bird deterrent this AM....

Attachments

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam

----------------------------------------

That would work. I had an indoor outdoor aviary once. I had glass sliding dooors and built half of it in the room and half out. This way, on the days with real bad weather I could shoo the birds inside and close the door.

You can also build a cage and attach it to a window so that they can go in and out, and have the room as a flight room.
Nice aviary :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
How do you protect your outside flocks from getting anything from wild birds
------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a pix of my wild bird deterrent this AM....
He looks like he is waiting for a tiel or mouser to come flying out!:eek:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Carole...he is keeping an eye out for the pigeons and doves. When they see him coming they will fly away. He'll hang around and stay statue still and occassionally nail one.

I sent Kirby to the feed store to get Goose food last week. he comes home with a box, and it has 2 baby chickens in it. This is from the man that says we have enough birds...LOL I'm going to have to keep the chicks penned up til they are full sized so that they are not snacks.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Awww...I want to see them!!!Pics please1:dance4:Maybe Kirby was thinking...1 Gryphon gone=2 new chicks...fair trade:lol:

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hehe what cuties!:swoon:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
And the BN are sitting good. The 2 pairs are taking care of the eggs, and the 2 single males are the look-outs :)

Attachments

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
:swoon: What good mousers :heart:
----------------------------------------------

Yes...they have been good about the nest...I was pleasantly pleased, because the first time I had set them up they were too skittish and just layed but wouldn't care for the eggs.

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
:swoon: What good mousers :heart:
----------------------------------------------

Yes...they have been good about the nest...I was pleasantly pleased, because the first time I had set them up they were too skittish and just layed but wouldn't care for the eggs.
They've fallen in love with their new mommy, that is why :hug8:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Last night there were 5 mousers piled on the nest at midnight. The last one probably joined in too...for the warmth.

I was late getting up this AM, and the mousers were hungry, so I quick divided up a banana to get them going. The nest was unattended for a minute so I checked. 4 eggies, possibly 5, not sure...but defintely 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.