• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

WTG Kermit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

love4birds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
I'm sitting on my bed snuggling with my lovies and Chewy, and Kermit's cage door is open so he can come out if he so chooses (his cage is in my room). He just flew from his cage to the playgym -- this is the first time he's flown somewhere voluntarily (ie- he'll fly around my room if I'm cleaning his cage and he gets scared):D It spooked Leyla and Nin so they went flying too:rolleyes: Now K's chilling on top of the playgym looking quite proud of himself!

He's progressing sooo well, I'm happy for him:D:hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
THAT IS wonderful news..sounds like he likes it there!!!

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
I think he does! I've seen him a couple time look like he wants to fly somewhere, but didn't have the courage to until last night:)

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Megan I am soo sorry I don't know what kind of bird Kermit is!:(

Sure sounded like a flight fest in there with everybody flapping and flying around! lol

Hope you didn't have papers out, they would have went a flying.:hehe:

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Thanks for the Kermit intro. :laughing12:

How do they treat that disease??

I admit I am LMBO about your papers going flying, it can get mighty windy with flapping/flying birds around. :rofl:

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Thanks for the Kermit intro. :laughing12:

How do they treat that disease??
Unfortunately, there isn't any treatment/cure for it:( No one even knows for sure what causes it, but personally I suspect it's a genetic condition. Some people say it's a virus aggravated by stress, but that doesn't make sense to me as it does not pass on to other birds and both Leyla and Kermit seem happy and relatively stress-free.

I really just monitor their plucked areas and such. Put cones on if they mutilate, pull out multiple-feather clusters if a particular follicle is bothering them, and keep them as stress-free as possible. I've found that making sure they have LOTS to shred and destroy and preen is a must.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Thanks for the insight Megan I appreciate you sharing your fist hand knowledge on this condition. :highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.