• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

WT Blue Violet

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Depending on the males mutations, yes. You are much more likely to get the same mutation that she is if the male is the same mutation though. Just note that if both parents are violet, some offspring with be single factor violet and some will be double factor violet.

SKC4

Strolling the yard
Depending on the males mutations, yes. You are much more likely to get the same mutation that she is if the male is the same mutation though. Just note that if both parents are violet, some offspring with be single factor violet and some will be double factor violet.
So I understand the male should have exactly the same mutation? I thought just having a male from the blue line like a turquoise or creamino.

thanks

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So I understand the male should have exactly the same mutation? I thought just having a male from the blue line like a turquoise or creamino.

thanks
Yes, pair a male turquoise with her. Preferably with a Violet factor for Violet chicks.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Like this!! Second from left?? Or a Creamino male too right? Thanks
Bet your house is noisy haha 3 noisy enough

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Like this!! Second from left?? Or a Creamino male too right? Thanks
That creamino does not have a violet factor, paired with this bird would only give you a 50% chance of the offspring being violet, and only single factor violet at that. Of course that is a theoretical number. In actuality an entire clutch of five may be violet, or none may be violet, however if both parents are visually violet, you are guaranteed that all offspring will be violet.

SKC4

Strolling the yard
That creamino does not have a violet factor, paired with this bird would only give you a 50% chance of the offspring being violet, and only single factor violet at that. Of course that is a theoretical number. In actuality an entire clutch of five may be violet, or none may be violet, however if both parents are visually violet, you are guaranteed that all offspring will be violet.
Thanks!!!
I would like to know how to obtain the WhiteFace blue mutation? Do you have any like I can read about it.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Thanks!!!
I would like to know how to obtain the WhiteFace blue mutation? Do you have any like I can read about it.
White faced blue is just another name for turquoise. It is a recessive mutation, so in order to get offspring to visually show it both parents need to carry the gene either visually or by being split to it.