• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

AUCTION WPR2 Item #72 Crocheted Blanket

Status
Not open for further replies.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Item #72: Crocheted Blanket
Starting Bid: $60 US
Minimum bid increment: $5
Shipping: Included in donation
Donated by: @Cleo&Kiko

A handmade crocheted blanket in dark grey and teal.Size will be approximately 56" x 78".
The afghan will be finished around the 2nd of April, and I will continue to send updated pictures until it is finished.
The pattern that you see will be repeated until the afghan is finished. In this picture, it is 1/10 of the way finished.
20170325_224659_zpskdcs17lu.jpg
1/5 finished:

20170326_140857_resized_zps3ebjlkwn.jpg
20170326_140910_resized_zpsrdadqfpz.jpg
1. Bidding is from Saturday March 25 @ 9 am ET to Sunday, March 26, 2017 @ 6:59 pm ET. The winning bidder will be the last to bid by 6:59 pm ET.
2. Prices are in US $ for all items.
3. Shipping is included unless otherwise stated.
4. Bid on this thread.
5. Post questions about this item below.
6. Payment is expected immediately. Please do not bid unless you are serious about buying, donating and can pay at auction close.
7. Payment for items is to be made using the Donations button (Paypal) here on Avian Avenue. Any shipping fees not included is to be paid directly to the item donor.
8. Items will be shipped once the winning bid amount has been paid as well as shipping cost, if applicable.
9. Auction is open to Avian Avenue members. No minimum post count required.
10. Have fun & thanks for bidding!!!
:dance4::dance2::dance1:

Last edited:

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
@Cleo&Kiko we need a pic, size and starting bid, please, as well as shipping info. :)

Cleo&Kiko

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Allisha

In this picture, it is 1/10 of the way finished.

Bidding starts at 60$. I will pay for the shipping. The afghan will be finished approximately on the 2nd of April, and I will continue to send updated pictures until it is finished. Approximate size is 56" x 78". The pattern that you see will be repeated until the afghan is finished.

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
$60
It is not very nice...I think everyone else should stay away from this one and I will take one for the team.
:hehe::hehe:

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
$65! :backout:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

In this picture, it is 1/10 of the way finished.

Bidding starts at 60$. I will pay for the shipping. The afghan will be finished approximately on the 2nd of April, and I will continue to send updated pictures until it is finished. Approximate size is 56" x 78". The pattern that you see will be repeated until the afghan is finished.
My Gran used to crochet afghans all the time in different patterns (zigzags and squares) - I'd asked if I could have some when she moved in with Mum and eventually passed away but never was able to get them as she was in Brazil, Mum in Australia and I in the U.S. Still miss them ...

Cleo&Kiko

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Allisha
That's an interesting story! Your Gran sounds like an amazing crocheter! I am actually new to this, and have made two other afghans so far, both of them being zigzaggy! Those were difficult for me, though, and would take me so long to complete properly! This afghan is made with a pattern that I have made up, and am experimenting, with different colors and borders.

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Love it. Perfect colours and I prefer the stripe to the zig-zag.:heart:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
That's an interesting story! Your Gran sounds like an amazing crocheter! I am actually new to this, and have made two other afghans so far, both of them being zigzaggy! Those were difficult for me, though, and would take me so long to complete properly! This afghan is made with a pattern that I have made up, and am experimenting, with different colors and borders.
She knitted, crocheted, embroidered and sewed clothes. I know how to embroider but by the time I was old enough to be interested in knitting and crocheting she had problems with arthritis and her eyesight wasn't good. I still have baby clothes she originally sewed for me. And strange things like boiled egg cozies and real cloth cockatil napkins ... as well as embroidered table top cloths. I also remember that all my mother's sheets and towels were initialled.

Cleo&Kiko

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Allisha
Thanks Lwalker! The grey looks a little darker, personally to me, when it is night and the lights are dimmed, but in the sunlight it looks a bit lighter!

Cleo&Kiko

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Allisha
She knitted, crocheted, embroidered and sewed clothes. I know how to embroider but by the time I was old enough to be interested in knitting and crocheting she had problems with arthritis and her eyesight wasn't good. I still have baby clothes she originally sewed for me. And strange things like boiled egg cozies and real cloth cockatil napkins ... as well as embroidered table top cloths. I also remember that all my mother's sheets and towels were initialled.
Oh wow, she was very talented! I couldn't imagine being able to do all that! Crocheting is actually pretty easy if you want to learn how, but I think knitting is so much harder and I could never get the knack for it. Wow, and baby clothes! They must look amazing!

But yeah, there are many tutorials on the internet out there, if you want to learn how! The biggest thing for me was that I was clumsy and really slow at first. I would definitely start with doing simple scarves or afghans, as the patterns are repetitive and in order to finish the product, you have to repeat the steps over and over again, and by the time the product is finished, you would have memorized a lot.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Oh wow, she was very talented! I couldn't imagine being able to do all that! Crocheting is actually pretty easy if you want to learn how, but I think knitting is so much harder and I could never get the knack for it. Wow, and baby clothes! They must look amazing!

But yeah, there are many tutorials on the internet out there, if you want to learn how! The biggest thing for me was that I was clumsy and really slow at first. I would definitely start with doing simple scarves or afghans, as the patterns are repetitive and in order to finish the product, you have to repeat the steps over and over again, and by the time the product is finished, you would have memorized a lot.
After the auction is done, I'll try to start a thread with some of the things I have.

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Status
Not open for further replies.