• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

AUCTION WPR & Lucky Lou Legacy Auction Donations

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
@Clueless

I remember your thread about her. Do you happen to have that address?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@Clueless

I remember your thread about her. Do you happen to have that address?
See if this gets you the information.

Nancy Forrester's Secret Garden, Parrots, Macaws, Key West, FL

@SandraK Can tell you, she just lives in an older house there and you have to walk down a path beside of the house to get to the back yard. It's pretty obvious her energy is spent on the birds. With tourism being so slow in the Keys (Key West is FINE folks), Nancy's tourism income is dwindling.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Jen Item No. 4

Decal for your rear car window or even mirror in the bath, any window or flat smooth glass or steel type surface in the home!

Two macaws terrorizing a stick fsmily :) My parrots ate your stick family

Measures about 9" across. White vinyl letters and art. Directions to apply on the back!

I've had one on my car for over 2 years now in Pa and still perfect!

Minimum bid $12.50 includes shipping to US address. International shipping cost $1.50.

20180105_114502.jpg 20180105_114507.jpg 20180105_114512.jpg 20180105_114632.jpg

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Jen 1st item donation -

CUSTOM handmade long fleece preener. These are made of safe non pull fleece fabric, these are safety preeners, are not tied onto any type of chain, they are braided / tied in center so no links for the bid to get a beak or foot caught in. Huge hit with the shelter babies!!

The winner of this auction will have a preener custom made for them with their choice of fleece fabric patterns / colors and pick of rattle / toy I have in stock. Preener can be made with long strips of fleece for use as a 'cuddle buddy' or a combo of shorter fleece and longer strips at bottom (we've had a medium cockatoo who would hide inside the preener and all you would see is chicken legs!). Option to have some of the fleece pieces knotted for those parrots that like to truly preen and work the fleece! This preener is a longer style for the bigger guys - preener will measure approximately 18" not including rattle or ring. Preener is tied to a cute baby rattle toy.

Entire preener and rattle can be tossed into the washer and dryer!

Minimum bid of $15.00 includes shipping to a US address. International winner pays actual postage cost less $5 credit towards postage donated by Jen!

**Please note - the preeners shown in photos are examples only, those fleece fabrics / patterns are no longer available**
View attachment 264364 View attachment 264368

I cannot modify the posts for the preeners... I took new pics and have pics of the fleece I have to use along with rattles.

Here are new photos to be used for the long preener post -

fleece preener long.jpg long 1.jpg long 3.jpg long 2.jpg fleece2.jpg fleece1.jpg rattles.jpg

SamatranTiger

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I wish I could make some toys but it's impossible to get the toy part containers out of the closet with the current state of my messsed up foot!! :sad10:

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Jen 2nd item donation -

CUSTOM handmade short fleece preener. These are made of safe non pull fleece fabric, these are safety preeners, are not tied onto any type of chain, they are braided / tied in center so no links for the bid to get a beak or foot caught in. Huge hit with the shelter babies!!

The winner of this auction will have a preener custom made for them with their choice of fleece fabric patterns / colors and pick of rattle / toy I have in stock. Preener can be made with strips of fleece in mixed lengths for use as a 'cuddle buddy' and option for longer fleece pieces knotted for those parrots that like to truly preen and work the fleece! This preener is a shorter round style for the small to medium guys - preener will measure approximately 10-15" not including rattle or ring. Preener is tied to a cute baby rattle toy.

Entire preener and rattle can be tossed into the washer and dryer!

Minimum bid of $15.00 includes shipping to a US address. International winner pays actual postage cost less $5 credit towards postage donated by Jen!

**Please note - the preeners shown in photos are examples only, those fleece fabrics / patterns are no longer available**

View attachment 264374 View attachment 264375

Updated photos for the second / short preener. Also photos of the fleece options and rattles I have available for winner to pick from.

short 1.jpg short 2.jpg fleece2.jpg fleece1.jpg rattles.jpg

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Put me down for a chop mix. Buyer may select the grain: quinoa, organic rice blend, spelt, etc.
I'll add organic produce, whatever looks best; black chia seeds, ground flax seed, bee pollen, etc. I will also customize to the size of the buyer's bird. The yield will be 20ish full ziploc snack bags. I'll cover the shipping.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I wish I could make some toys but it's impossible to get the toy part containers out of the closet with the current state of my messsed up foot!! :sad10:

Aww but your toys are awesome! Can’t a friend or neighbour help you get them out?

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I’ll start working on the threads this weekend for the items so far. And find some stuff to donate! I’m excited! :fairy2: Who else is in? :D

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Put me down for a chop mix. Buyer may select the grain: quinoa, organic rice blend, spelt, etc.
I'll add organic produce, whatever looks best; black chia seeds, ground flax seed, bee pollen, etc. I will also customize to the size of the buyer's bird. The yield will be 20ish full ziploc snack bags. I'll cover the shipping.

Can it be frozen?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
@Jenphilly any budgie size preeners?

How small do you want? I have made them for my small budgie group and cut the strips thinner. I will putz around with the fleece and size to try to make a smaller/thinner one and post it as a ready to ship preener. I'll let you know what I come up with

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Mine are English so they are a bit larger then parakeets. Thanks

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Is it too late? Can I still donate?

If so I will donate 1 painting and 1 set of greeting cards.

No not too late! 2 weeks left or until we fill up. :) Thank you!

Thanks to all donors so far and donors to come! :)

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer

Can you post a sample pic, please, Matt? Thanks! :)