• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

AUCTION WPR & Lucky Lou Legacy Auction Donations

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
One more time!!
:D :fairy2:
Auction Pic.jpg
The next auction will be held
Saturday, January 20 & Sunday, January 21, 2018.

From 584 birds to 125 now, the former World Parrot Refuge birds still need our help. Their hugely discounted vet bill at Night Owl Bird Hospital is sitting at $400,000! Dr. Anne McDonald and Night Owl have given so much to make sure these birds get the medical attention they need. Another veterinarian was hired specifically to care for these birds. They were all sick, most are still sick with chronic illnesses. They have needed surgeries. They have a full-time vet tech. Some are fully hospitalized.

The Lucky Lou Legacy Project, in addition to raising money for toys for the WPR birds and other rescue birds, helps sick birds and their owners in need via the Lucky Lou Legacy Fund. Lucky Lou was a WPR rescue. She lost her fight to cancer but her legacy helping others lives on.

Money raised through this auction will be split between the WPR vet bills at Night Owl Bird Hospital and the Lucky Lou Legacy Fund, which is overseen by Night Owl and Dr. Anne McDonald.

Let's make this one bigger and better than the last one! :highfive:

We are looking for items you would like to donate and ship to the winning bidder.
You may wish to consider donating small, light items to keep the shipping amounts down.
Please include:
Item name:
Description:

Starting bid in US $ (the minimum amount you'd like the item to sell for; minimum $5):
Clear full size photo(s)
Shipping: included or not; if so, within what area (Canada, US and/or international). If you are not including shipping, please state the location the item will be shipped from.

Thank you, all! :hug8:

There will be a maximum of 100 items/lots and a maximum of 5 7 items/lots per donor (to start and then we'll see ;) ). Any items that are used for birds should be new. Other than custom artwork and vendor items, items should be ready and available.

I will do the auction item threads, the master thread and the winning bidder/item thread. But this time around, the winning bidders will pm the donors of their items all in 1 pm (please include me) to supply names and addresses for shipping, the items won and amounts and the total due, not including shipping. Payments should be made immediately following the auction (or once I have the winning bidder thread up) via the Donation button here on AA. If shipping is not included, then it will be paid separately to the donor. I will confirm payment so nothing should be shipped until that time.

So far I have the following possible donors/donations:
:fairy2:
aooratrix – chop mix (done)
Clueless - Set of 2 chickadee prints (done)
Danita (4) - puzzle toys, AO pkg, Lucky Coco swag, toy pkg (done)
Davi - $20 gift certificate to Perches4Change (done)
DQTimnehs (5) – alpaca blanket , alpaca socks, 2 diamond pendants, emerald earrings (done)
DQ's Mom - quilted placemats (done)
EllaMay - yarn (done)
finchly (2) - B&G painting & greeting cards (done)

Jenphilly (10) – 2 preeners, macaw rock & car decal, pinwheels, jewelry (done)
Jerseybella (3) - "crazy bird lady" & "bird mom" stamped cuffs & custom toy package (done)
jmfleish (9) - 2 $50 gift certificates to TNT Bird Toys, toys, food (done)
Lady Jane – colouring book (done)
Lucky Lou & Coco Too followers (2) - wallet, fleece carrier covers (done)
Macawnutz - toy package (done)
Mockinbirdiva (7) - pelican print, turtle print, bird books (done)
Oliver's Garden - $75 gift certificate (done)
Parrots Treasure - toy package (done)
Peachfaced (5) - lino prints
Porter (3) - jewelry set, bracelet, fox pin (done)
Princessbella (4) - necklaces (done)
SandraK (6) - lovebird cushion, bird houses, parrot print, pewter frame with bird and glass giftbox, t-shirt, jewelry lot (done)
Sarahmoluccan - beaded parrot (done)
Stormcloud (4) - collector plates, salt & pepper grinders, ornaments (done)
sunnysmom (3) - 3 peacock Christmas ornaments, owl necklace & stuffed Toucan (done)
tattoosiva - Aloha box (done)
WallyLoopey (2) - 3 macaw painting set & custom woodburned sign (done)
Wasabisaurus - mac beanie baby (done)
Weasleylover (2) - stamped necklace & custom painting (done)
Webchirp - $100 gift certificate to Cheeky Chirp Toys (done)

Last edited:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Count me in! I've got a special project in mind just for this. Waiting on my supplies to arrive... they should be here within the week.

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I would love to make a few fleece preeners! I can do them custom for the winner based on size of bird and if the bird likes to actual preen or use it as a snuggle buddy. We have a bird who liked to stand under it so all you saw were chicken legs I'll donate two - one 6-10" for smaller guys and one 15-18" for bigger babies.

I also have an awesome custom painted rock a friend just sent to me - she sent two B&G macaws! I kept one and donating the other for a great cause!

I will see if my hands will cooperate and I can make some of my famous pinwheels too

20171206_134006.jpg

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I have a gorgeous adult coloring book that is all ready to ship to one lucky winner. It has not been opened because I was sent two and Amazon did not want it returned. Lucky me! The book is called Into the Wild and it is a bit larger than the usual books. The drawings are unique and the paper quality is excellent. I will need the winner to pay for shipping this year. Starting bid is $5..00 and here is a review of the book so you can see how nice it is.

Into The Wild Coloring Book Review - Daisy Fletcher - YouTube

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
If I can figure out the logistics of packaging and shipping, I might donate a chop mix.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Jen 1st item donation -

CUSTOM handmade long fleece preener. These are made of safe non pull fleece fabric, these are safety preeners, are not tied onto any type of chain, they are braided / tied in center so no links for the bid to get a beak or foot caught in. Huge hit with the shelter babies!!

The winner of this auction will have a preener custom made for them with their choice of fleece fabric patterns / colors and pick of rattle / toy I have in stock. Preener can be made with long strips of fleece for use as a 'cuddle buddy' or a combo of shorter fleece and longer strips at bottom (we've had a medium cockatoo who would hide inside the preener and all you would see is chicken legs!). Option to have some of the fleece pieces knotted for those parrots that like to truly preen and work the fleece! This preener is a longer style for the bigger guys - preener will measure approximately 18" not including rattle or ring. Preener is tied to a cute baby rattle toy.

Entire preener and rattle can be tossed into the washer and dryer!

Minimum bid of $15.00 includes shipping to a US address. International winner pays actual postage cost less $5 credit towards postage donated by Jen!

**Please note - the preeners shown in photos are examples only, those fleece fabrics / patterns are no longer available**
fleece preener long.jpg knotted fleece .jpg

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Jen 2nd item donation -

CUSTOM handmade short fleece preener. These are made of safe non pull fleece fabric, these are safety preeners, are not tied onto any type of chain, they are braided / tied in center so no links for the bid to get a beak or foot caught in. Huge hit with the shelter babies!!

The winner of this auction will have a preener custom made for them with their choice of fleece fabric patterns / colors and pick of rattle / toy I have in stock. Preener can be made with strips of fleece in mixed lengths for use as a 'cuddle buddy' and option for longer fleece pieces knotted for those parrots that like to truly preen and work the fleece! This preener is a shorter round style for the small to medium guys - preener will measure approximately 10-15" not including rattle or ring. Preener is tied to a cute baby rattle toy.

Entire preener and rattle can be tossed into the washer and dryer!

Minimum bid of $15.00 includes shipping to a US address. International winner pays actual postage cost less $5 credit towards postage donated by Jen!

**Please note - the preeners shown in photos are examples only, those fleece fabrics / patterns are no longer available**

short preener.jpg long preener .jpg

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I would love to make a few fleece preeners! I can do them custom for the winner based on size of bird and if the bird likes to actual preen or use it as a snuggle buddy. We have a bird who liked to stand under it so all you saw were chicken legs I'll donate two - one 6-10" for smaller guys and one 15-18" for bigger babies.

I also have an awesome custom painted rock a friend just sent to me - she sent two B&G macaws! I kept one and donating the other for a great cause!

I will see if my hands will cooperate and I can make some of my famous pinwheels too

View attachment 264259

Thanks, Jen! :) Starting bid and shipping on the rock?

I have a gorgeous adult coloring book that is all ready to ship to one lucky winner. It has not been opened because I was sent two and Amazon did not want it returned. Lucky me! The book is called Into the Wild and it is a bit larger than the usual books. The drawings are unique and the paper quality is excellent. I will need the winner to pay for shipping this year. Starting bid is $5..00 and here is a review of the book so you can see how nice it is.

Into The Wild Coloring Book Review - Daisy Fletcher - YouTube

Thanks, Dianne! Can you post a pic please. :)

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer

Thanks, Jen! :) Starting bid and shipping on the rock?

Thanks, Dianne! Can you post a pic please. :)

I need to post better pics of rock and size. It is in my dresser, I'll get pics tonight before bed! Was 'foraging ' for all you parts I need for pinwheels today, completely forgot about tree rock. Good news, made Max and Ivory some toys, ha!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I don't yet have photos as I'm still waiting on supplies that are stuck in the mail... but put me down for all 5 listings. Starting bids on all: $5, shipping will need to be covered by the final bidder.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Jen Item 3

Handpainted friendship rock. Join the craze of painted rocks, except find this one on a fundraiser!

Painted by a personal friend who is a member of PRMD (Painted Rocks of Maryland). Beautiful blue and gold macaw in honor of my beloved Max. So happy to share this with another B&G lover somewhere in the world!

Is painted and sealed, paint won't chip or fade!

Starting bid is $15 including shipping to a US address. I will pay $5 towards international postage, winner to pay balance!

20180103_223322.jpg 20180103_223336.jpg 20180103_223354.jpg