• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

AUCTION WPR/LLL Auction Item #43 Blue & Gold Macaw Painting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Item #43: Blue & Gold Macaw Painting
Starting Bid: $25 US
Minimum bid increment: $5
Shipping: $10

Donated by: @finchly /Frazzled Finch

Blue & Gold Macaw, 9 X 12
On pastel paper, unframed.
Will ship flat.

Buyer to pay $10 shipping, if there's an overage I will refund, if it is more I will cover it.

index-15.jpg
Frazzled Finch Logo.png
1. Bidding is from Saturday, January 20 @ 9 am ET to Sunday, January 21, 2018 @ 6:59 pm ET. The winning bidder will be the last to bid by 6:59 pm ET.
2. Prices are in US $ for all items.
3. Shipping is not included unless otherwise stated.
4. Bid on this thread.
5. Post questions about this item below.
6. Payment is expected immediately. Please do not bid unless you are serious about buying, donating and can pay at auction close.
7. Please add up your items won from the Winning Bid/Bidder thread. You will not be receiving pm's from me this time. I will put totals at the bottom of the thread eventually but you don't need to wait for them.
8. Payment for items is to be made using the Donations button (Paypal) here on Avian Avenue. Any shipping fees not included is to be paid directly to the item donor. Please pm the donor and include me (DQTimnehs) for shipping amount and to provide your name and address for shipping.
9. Items will be shipped once the winning bid amount has been paid as well as shipping cost, if applicable.
10. Auction is open to Avian Avenue members. No minimum post count required.
11. Have fun & thanks for bidding!!!
:bounce4:

Last edited:

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Another lovely painting! :)

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
:bgm:

Last edited:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
From a quick Google search, my question is, is pastel paper a stiff kind of paper? Does it have what’s called tooth and texture?

I know nothing about paper to paint on. Also, what’s the paper’s longevity or staying power, I’d guess you’d say? It is age well? Turn yellow if not framed or framed properly?

BTW, if you ever do a DYA print or painting and offer it up for auction, I am so there, bidding and bidding! Rarely do I see any Amazon work commercially produced.

Last edited:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yes the paper is toothy. It’s archival and acid free, and I used German lightfast colors. I then sprayed with 3 coats of sealer. It *should* be lightfast and not break down— depends a lot on the framing, storage, etc. I mean if it’s professionally framed under glass that’s going to last better than stored frameless on the basement floor .

Those are great questions! Thanks for the opportunity too talk about it. Being married to an appraiser makes me especially conscious of those things.:roflmao:

If you (or someone) prefer a custom painting I would do that in place of this.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So if properly framed, it should last well for years? I do not mean to be insulting. Again, I have no clue about paper or paint or anything!

I like to wait til Michael’s has its huge framing sale, but that’s next December! How should I store it in the meantime?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
So if properly framed, it should last well for years? I do not mean to be insulting. Again, I have no clue about paper or paint or anything!

I like to wait til Michael’s has its huge framing sale, but that’s next December! How should I store it in the meantime?
Yes it should. I’ll even go one better, I will repaint it for you if it doesn’t! I try so hard to keep things archival... partly because I listen to hubby talking with customers all the time about their artwork, but partly because I try to make everything last for years. I used to even have a statement on the site that I wanted it to be not only enjoyed by you but your children and their children....took it off since no one’s kids want their stuff any more.

You aren’t insulting at all, these are good questions. Theyre things everyone should ask but many do not.

Here’s what I do about framing. I go to Michaels with those coupons that say 70% off framing or whatever, and I ask them if they have discontinued wood or frames. Which they always do, and every single time they’ve had something I could use —- and I get it framed for cheap.

Let me go ask hubby for best practices. I store them flat inside the house (no garage, basement or attic) between sheets of acid free paper. He may have more suggestions.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@Wasabisaurus ok he said to store it between acid free MAT which has heft and would keep it from bending or wrinkling. Since we have to ship anyway I will just put it between 2 pieces of AFM.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yes, please tell me how to store it and where and how I should not store it.
It isn’t difficult really. Just somehwere inside your house so it gets heated/cooled. Dampness is really what messes up paintings, if you have ever seen foxing on an old print it’s mostly from humidity.

And you want it flat, not propped up on its edge even between the mat boards.

I have taken to putting mine in plastic bins with acid free paper separating them. I have way too many to frame them all. This keeps them safe until I am ready for them.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Like under a bed, and in plastic storage bin, like bedding or clothes, or school papers or knick knacks? Can you do me a favor and photograph what you store prints in? Sorry to be a pain, but I’d hate to wreck such gorgeous work!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Like under a bed, and in plastic storage bin, like bedding or clothes, or school papers or knick knacks? Can you do me a favor and photograph what you store prints in? Sorry to be a pain, but I’d hate to wreck such gorgeous work!
Yep those kind of bins,, I’ll go photograph one.

You’ll be the most careful art owner ever!! Really, people just throw them any old where.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Mine are stacked on a laundry drying rack :rofl:
Yeah I didn’t even want to admit where some of mine are. My “drying shelves” that hubby built are overflowing...nothing can dry there now.... the new paintings come in wet and sit on the painting area, then I don’t know where to paint...

Anyway you can use bins like this one. Here’s a photo of what’s under MY bed.
4FCD721D-0CB1-4ED7-9FF6-C8CE58107202.jpeg

Thank you for buying it! :lol:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Excellent. I don’t have a lot of storage space. Thanks for the photo.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
All of this led to finding out that Home Depot has their sterlite ones on sale. Sending hubby to get some. I am going to store more (thank you @Wasabisaurus ) and hang some on the walls to clear out the art room!

Status
Not open for further replies.