• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent would you worry/take your bird to the vet over this (bruise on foot)?

birdlady91

Meeting neighbors
this happened about an hour ago. my poor baby Leo was sitting on the open door of his cage when I walked by and accidentally pumped into the door. he got a little smooshed, I didn't see exactly where the door hit him but he flew away very quickly...it happened super fast and when I finally got a close look at his feet I saw that one was slightly bruised. it's not noticeable other than with a phone flashlight. at first he had been standing on/off with that foot raised and also kind of preening that foot with his beak. but now he has been standing on both feet. he didnt scream/make any noise when it happened and his behavior is the same (huge appetite, chirping, beak grindning, taking a bath when I put new water in the cage). would you take your bird to the vet over this? I will take off work and take him to the vet if it seems needed, I just dont want to put him through even more unnecessary trauma bc going to the vet is so stressful for him (and truthfully extremely stressful for me too). I feel sooo bad :unsure1::unsure1:.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Could you post a pic of his leg?

birdlady91

Meeting neighbors
Could you post a pic of his leg?
sure, here is a pic. he's wet from just having taken a bath so sorry about that! lol.

Not sure if it's super visible in this pic but it's the foot on the right in this photo. I tried taking with flash but it is not coming out right and making both feet look exactly the same.

Attachments