• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Would this cage be ok?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Good choice. In is a good balance of size and affordable. Make sure you replace the dowel perches that come with the cage for natural wood perches and maybe a cloth perch . @April can give you recommendations for perch sizes. I can't remember off the top of my head who else has linnies.

Tisumi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Loran
Good choice. In is a good balance of size and affordable. Make sure you replace the dowel perches that come with the cage for natural wood perches and maybe a cloth perch . @April can give you recommendations for perch sizes. I can't remember off the top of my head who else has linnies.
thank you so much! I would love some help with perch suggestions, I was thing maybe 2 or 3 perches and a ladder for him as well somewhere in there. and all kinds of toys maybe more perches? I'm not sure till i actually see and build the cage lol

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a mix of perches for Bosco,from 1/2 inch all the way up to 3/4 since I want him to be able to really have a nice variety for his feet to stretch and grip. I got a lot of his perches from Lil Monsters Bird Toys and Seriously Nutz. Sarah at SN can do custom lengths in birch and dragonwood that can span the cage from side to side and from to back and I highly recommend getting those for your cage.

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
I also have a variety of perch sizes and types for my linnies. They do like the really small diameter (as in to me it looks like a stick) branches to hang onto and flap their wings. At my mid and lower level, the perches are mostly placed on the two shorter sides, leaving the center width open for flying back and forth, which they do. Up high I have some perches on the front as well as the sides, and I put the majority of hanging toys up there. They climb from toy to toy like monkeys and poop on them less :) I have one Curly-Q toy stretched diagonally along the back wall from lower to upper, and they use it like a ladder.

Tisumi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Loran
I was thinking about getting a few different perches, like some wooden ones some rope ones, maybe 2 that extend the length of the cage, and other shorter ones, fit a ladder in there, I have no clue as to what toys to get as I don't know what Bastion will like and the more I think about it maybe a ladder isn't such a good idea as he might hurt himself?

Tisumi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Loran
I have a mix of perches for Bosco,from 1/2 inch all the way up to 3/4 since I want him to be able to really have a nice variety for his feet to stretch and grip. I got a lot of his perches from Lil Monsters Bird Toys and Seriously Nutz. Sarah at SN can do custom lengths in birch and dragonwood that can span the cage from side to side and from to back and I highly recommend getting those for your cage.
thank you for the recommendation! they have some lovely customs!

Tisumi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Loran
I also have a variety of perch sizes and types for my linnies. They do like the really small diameter (as in to me it looks like a stick) branches to hang onto and flap their wings. At my mid and lower level, the perches are mostly placed on the two shorter sides, leaving the center width open for flying back and forth, which they do. Up high I have some perches on the front as well as the sides, and I put the majority of hanging toys up there. They climb from toy to toy like monkeys and poop on them less :) I have one Curly-Q toy stretched diagonally along the back wall from lower to upper, and they use it like a ladder.
could you post your cage setup if you don't mind or direct me to a thread were they do such posts? I'm looking for some inspiration :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
There is a whole section called Toys and cage bypass.

Tisumi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Loran
i found another cage that would be cheaper and meets all the requirements i just need to know if the spacing is to big please? its saying its 0.6

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
That cage is actually only 18×18. The larger dimensions include the seed skirt. When looking at cages you have to make sure the dimensions are for the actual body of the cage.

Tisumi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Loran
That cage is actually only 18×18. The larger dimensions include the seed skirt. When looking at cages you have to make sure the dimensions are for the actual body of the cage.
dang, thank you for pointing that out