• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

would this cage be large enough for one quaker?

Blueboi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
712JnsD3aHL._AC_SL1000_.jpg would this cage be large enough for one quaker? I put this cage together yesterday, but it seems smaller than I thought it might be..
Thanks..

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
View attachment 349471 would this cage be large enough for one quaker? I put this cage together yesterday, but it seems smaller than I thought it might be..
Thanks..
No, this cage is only 18 inches wide (I have it for my budgies)

This is helpful:
NkRCMUM5RTY2RkJGMzA1MEFDNTA6NWExMmIzNTU5NDE4MGNkMjIzOGYzNzc3NzZiNDIzYTc6Ojo6OjA=.jpeg

This would work well:

Reactions: Ali

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Is the next size up by the same company wider? I have it coming for Iris (linnie)

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Is the next size up by the same company wider? I have it coming for Iris (linnie)
The double flight? It's roughly 20in by 30in, so yes it is wider (by about 2 inches).

Blueboi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
No, this cage is only 18 inches wide (I have it for my budgies)

This is helpful:
View attachment 349472

This would work well:
Thank you..ugh..I thought it would be big enough

NightOwls

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
My current cage interior is 22x24x37. Most of my cages have been similar sized - for my current conure and my previous quaker.

20200811_231331.jpg

Blueboi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
This cage is close to that at inside measurements 30.3 x 18.3 x 36.4 (Lxwxh)
I wish the 18 width was longer...

Blueboi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
9003223-White-WEB.jpg I ended up getting a kings cage, 32x 23x 65 (65 high with stand..) its powder coated, I couldn't afford the aluminum cages..and I go to pick up my baby quaker saturday. So excited!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have the aluminum version of that King's cage and used to House a quaker in it :) I only got it because it was $200 on Craigslist lol

Blueboi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I have the aluminum version of that King's cage and used to House a quaker in it :) I only got it because it was $200 on Craigslist lol
Wow! That was a great deal!
Now I'm getting nervous, as the cage was supposed to arrive yesterday, but didn't, and I go to get my baby saturday:scrstf:

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
I have this cage for BB, GCC, and I used it for Riti before, Kakariki. Both are smaller that a Quaker but are high energy birds. The cage is 32"x21"x36" ont including the stand 62" with the stand and has 1/2" bar spacing. I find it easier to keep clean than the fancy scroll top one I have for Cheddar, GCC. It's a "Flight Cage" and other companies make ones that are almost the same.

Blueboi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I have this cage for BB, GCC, and I used it for Riti before, Kakariki. Both are smaller that a Quaker but are high energy birds. The cage is 32"x21"x36" ont including the stand 62" with the stand and has 1/2" bar spacing. I find it easier to keep clean than the fancy scroll top one I have for Cheddar, GCC. It's a "Flight Cage" and other companies make ones that are almost the same.

Thanks..if my cage doesn't arrive in time I might have to get a cage at a pet store to use until l the other one gets here..

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If all else fails, find a "vacation cage" - something bigger than a carrier that you'd feel okay with your bird being in if he's being boarded or if you take him with you for a week somewhere. That way it's something you can still use later :)

Blueboi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
If all else fails, find a "vacation cage" - something bigger than a carrier that you'd feel okay with your bird being in if he's being boarded or if you take him with you for a week somewhere. That way it's something you can still use later :)
I'm thinking this might have to be the case, thanks
..today and still no cage, and it actually says in the tracking 'estimated delivery Tuesday 22nd' (still) ugh..

Blueboi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Some of us use a travel/ vacation cage for this type of situation with clean storage when not in use.
Thanks I might have to get one.. (I bought a travel cage, but i might need a little larger temporary house for him..)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm thinking this might have to be the case, thanks
..today and still no cage, and it actually says in the tracking 'estimated delivery Tuesday 22nd' (still) ugh..
It won't switch over until after midnight CST usually. With COVID there are sadly delays all over regardless of carrier :(

Blueboi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
The cage arrived yesterday..i put it together by myself (I honestly hope to never put another one together lol)
Everything about the cage was fine, except the little swivel closure (at least thats what it looks like in photos) that keeps the little balcony door at the top of the dome was not there. I sent an email to king cages, and have a zip tie closing it right now.