• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Would it be cruel to take away all weaving materials?

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Are you sure boy is not female and trying to make a wonderful cozy nest? That is just amazing, would love to have seen when he finally decided this was the finished product!
I sure hope not! He would probably lay eggs nonstop with how hormonal he is, if he was a female. :roflmao:

The triangle didn't stay that way for too long. By bedtime he had already rearranged it

20190913_081056.jpg

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I think the triangle was part of a secret Bird Illuminati meeting Blu had while you were out! :muahaha:

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I think Blu definitely wants to study geometry lol amazing that he placed them to make a triangle! He's so smart. He may even be a nerd bird
I think the triangle was part of a secret Bird Illuminati meeting Blu had while you were out! :muahaha:
:rofl:

You guys are so funny! Blu is pretty smart! I just wish he would realize that my feet belong to me! :eek:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
The triangle arranging is amazing!

It's good that PA doesn't allow Quakers...if they did, I'd probably have a dozen of them running my house...;)

Birdlover42

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Alicia
I have Skittles some long skinny wooden cotton tip applicators after taking the cotton tips off. She keeps trying to weave them through the bars of the cage which of course doesn't work so they keep falling. When one falls she looks down at it then looks at me like she wants me to get it for her lol of course I do and that's all we've been doing for the past hour. She is super busy doing this like she's working so hard! She only bit me once and I yelled and walked away. I know I shouldn't tell but dang it hurts like a mother

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Forget ancient aliens, Quakers clearly helped the Egyptians build the pyramids!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Are you sure boy is not female and trying to make a wonderful cozy nest? That is just amazing, would love to have seen when he finally decided this was the finished product!
My boy Quakers have always been better weavers than the girls - and they were all surgically sexed except for the girl who laid an egg.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
:rofl:

You guys are so funny! Blu is pretty smart! I just wish he would realize that my feet belong to me! :eek:
I wish my lovebird would realize that my fingernails and toenails are supposed to be there!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I’ll put it into human context, having ocd makes my life so much harder than it has to be. If I was fixated on a thing and someone could just remove it from my life completely, that would instantly improve my quality of life. I personally would pull everything weave-able and see if that doesn’t relieve Blu and restore him to his normal self.

You’re not taking something away to strip him of anything pleasurable. From your description this has become an obsessive fixation, you’ll be helping Blu snap out of it.
I have OCD too, it can be such a pain. I used to have a lot of problems with my running shoes laces , so I got elastic ones I don't have to tie. Took away the problem and I was out the door much easier!