• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Would a common Mynah get along with other birds?

Birdtawk

Meeting neighbors
I was thinking of adding a common mynah to my flock, would they get along with my other birds? I have budgies and finches. I would keep them separately of cours,e but if the budgies and finches were out in the same room would the mynah try to attack them? Or would he just ignore them. Thank you.

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I have thought about getting a mynah-or adopting a starling—but I would not be expecting them to get along with Willow and Jasper.
I wonder how a mynah would do with budgies? Some finches are rather aggressive but many are timid and I’d worry if the mynah would chase them.

Birdtawk

Meeting neighbors
I used to have a starling and he pretty much ignored my other birds though I never let them hang out unsupervised. He did enjoy conversing with a budgie I kept in a cage next to his. But Common Mynahs are larger so I would worry!

StarMama

Moving in
Real Name
Lisa
When Ray is in his outside cage there are all kinds of birds that come to sit with him. They sing and a chatter for a few hours, then go back to whatever they were doing. When I hear the “yoo hoo” whistle from Ray, I wheel his cage back in and take him into the house aviary. He wants to be around other birds as well as us, I try to give him both.

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I’m really interested in keeping a pet BBC starling. I wonder if I contacted the county humane society wildlife center they might receive one that they can’t release. But I’m not sure if they DO raise baby starlings as they’re invasive.