• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Worried about ulcer on tongue

Bartiel

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Bart
Hi, my name is Bart. I've visited this forum many times before and it has always been a great help. I'm facing a problem now that I couldn't find any solutions to, so I needed to make an account for this post and hope to join this community!

I'll add a picture to this post for clarity, but I warn you that it's a bit distasteful cause he's sick :(
Screenshot_20240420_135226.jpg
This little dude is an unintended rescue bird. There has been a lot of bad stuff that we have since cured. I thought we took care of everything when today I noticed his tongue has got a bump on it... Might explain why he makes his pellets so small. Sort of breaking them but not really eating them. He's very active and does eat millet as a treat. He drinks well too. But when I Google I come across the term "Canker" and to treat it with Ronidazole. The only Ronidazole I can find is for birds between 300 and 3000 gr...

I've made an email for my vet, but it's weekend. I won't be able to make an appointment until Monday so Im making this post, hoping someone has any advice on what to do on the short term and if it's really the disease I think it is... Poor guy :(

Thanks in advance,
Bart

Attachments

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
It's not going to be something to be treated with medications. My guess is it would need to be drained or removed depending on what the bloodwork is showing.

Just keep the food small and possibly moist until you can get in the vet on Monday.

Bartiel

Real Name
Bart
It's not going to be something to be treated with medications. My guess is it would need to be drained or removed depending on what the bloodwork is showing.

Just keep the food small and possibly moist until you can get in the vet on Monday.
Thank you for your reply. Little guy worries me.

Bartiel

Real Name
Bart
I managed a screen shot from the front as well. Seems quite inflamated
Screenshot_20240420_182215_com.huawei.himovie.overseas_edit_279947123327592.jpg
I'll let you know once we've seen the vet