• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Worried about my Quaker Parrott

kymbad

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kimberly Johnson
I have a quaker Parrott named Rizzoli Ravioli Squawkadopolous he is about 12 -13 yrs old he is a rescue I adopted him about 7 yrs ago he had serious birdy PTSD he was abused and extremely aggressive it took a lot of of patience but since is always happy singing lovable and sweet yesterday he fell off the bed and he's not usually clumsy today he tried to fly back to his cage and and dropped straight down from my shoulder on to the bed he eating fine poop looks normal but he's been quiet and just not himself he's my soulmate with feathers and I live in the middle of nowhere in Texas I'm about 2 hours from a vet and I'm scared to death I love him so much and I don't know what to door if I'm over reacting

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
:welcomeavenue:
Aww...im sorry your baby seems off.
Can you check his weight?
Birds hide being sick. With weakness and not being able to fly..and being quiet.....I think you are right to be worried ....I would be...I think something is up..

Many veterinarians will do phone video consultations now. You could check with an avian veterinarian on your state and see if they will. I fo recommend getting to a veterinarian....many of us have to travel an hour or 2 to ours.

Until then warmth us always supportive to burds no matter that your home is kept in the 70s. O use tge radiant heat panel called tge sweeter heater. You csn find on Amazon tge small one is more than enough. Or yiu csn check a feed store for a radiant heat panel sold for baby chickens. Ive seen them but not used one.

kymbad

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kimberly Johnson
Thank you I have a radiant bird heater he's not lost any weight he's eating and pooping normally he just seems weak and sleepy we are going to the vet this

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:welcomesign:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I would think it's too soon for weight loss to present. If your quaker landed on the bed, I would think it's okay, maybe startled from the surprise fall. You'll have to keep a close eye on your bird: if the bird continues to act "off", you'll need to make the trip to the vet.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Hows your bird today?