• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

World Parrot Count

Status
Not open for further replies.

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
Roelant Jonker and Michael Braun are coordinating a world parrrot count.
thru the University of Leiden in Germany. go to Parrot - CML . This parrot count in January is extremely important for parrot research as a contribution to parrot conservation . They are studing key factors contributing to successful establishemnt. You can download the form so if you live in any area that has wild parrots please help.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
thanks for sharing

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
how on earth would th ey accomplish that? very interesting..I would love to know the results

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
This will be an ongoing study. I've downloaded the form to report on wild parrots and from my experience with the wild macaws, once you identify the roosting areas and/or nest you can actually get a distribution map very similar to Bill Pranty's in his scientific article on the wild blue and gold flock in Miami. Even though I've been collecting info on the wild macaws for at least 10 years, I had about half of the total picture , the rest came from birders/other sources.

ronsig

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sigrid
Thanks for posting that, Daria.

I will contact the organizer and give them all the information about the place where I took this video:
YouTube - Wild Parrots in Germany
I think they probably already have somebody counting there, but you never know. My information might be helpful.

Sigrid

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
Thanks Sigrid. Maybe we'll get a chance with Missi to do our own counting before you go back to Canada but neverless your u Tube will contribute.

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Thanks Sigrid. Maybe we'll get a chance with Missi to do our own counting before you go back to Canada but neverless your u Tube will contribute.

YEA! Sigrid, you guys HAVE to come back down! PLEASE! Before you leave for Canada again :highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.