• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Working on foraging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Been inactive lately. Having a minor midlife crisis that I'm working on, just thought I'd share these clips of Java. He's extremely hormonal, so I've been trying to distract him since he's become a lot more fidgety and unhinged. He seems to be the most relaxed when he's sitting with me, so I've been putting him on his cushion and letting him sit with me between feedings.
Anyway, I put the cracker out of reach so he had to crawl to it, which he did. Then I decided to put one in the bag and let him figure out the rest.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Well done Java. I love watching videos of him ❤

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I did notice you were inactive.... and I missed you! ( and Java too~)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
:hug8:trying to pull myself together
I hear ya.... life is a challenge! I'll be 63 this year ( fall) and I've had quite a few bumps in the road getting to this point. I've had some serious bumps in the road.. accidents that should have killed me, and cancer. I don't know what my purpose on earth is yet. I can only hope to be pleasantly surprised if I ever realize what it is. In the meantime I poke along not looking for any reasons.. just living life. Look for the beauty in a day even if it's the smallest thing. If you enjoy photography you'll see the world in a whole new way. Random excursions for the unusual subject might be therapeutic. Love ya Brittany! Huggies!!!!

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hear ya.... life is a challenge! I'll be 63 this year ( fall) and I've had quite a few bumps in the road getting to this point. I've had some serious bumps in the road.. accidents that should have killed me, and cancer. I don't know what my purpose on earth is yet. I can only hope to be pleasantly surprised if I ever realize what it is. In the meantime I poke along not looking for any reasons.. just living life. Look for the beauty in a day even if it's the smallest thing. If you enjoy photography you'll see the world in a whole new way. Random excursions for the unusual subject might be therapeutic. Love ya Brittany! Huggies!!!!
Thank you very much! I'll be 29 in August and I thought I'd be further along in my life than I am now. I was once an Honor student with a 3.95 GPA in college, working 70 hours a week and I had a career lined up. Now, I'm on disability, dropped out of college, dealing with medical procedure after procedure, no motivation . . . kind of lost and disappointed in myself. Not sure which way is up most days.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Thank you very much! I'll be 29 in August and I thought I'd be further along in my life than I am now. I was once an Honor student with a 3.95 GPA in college, working 70 hours a week and I had a career lined up. Now, I'm on disability, dropped out of college, dealing with medical procedure after procedure, no motivation . . . kind of lost and disappointed in myself. Not sure which way is up most days.
There's a sweet spot in there somewhere for you.. the niche that will take the edge off and give you joy. Music can soothe your soul and I know you do write. Write a happy story... let your imagination take you on a fun ride. You and millions of other people feel the same way... thinking you'd be further along in life. You may be in the same position at age 50 or 60 thinking the same thing, you wouldn't be the first. You can't worry about the potholes... just enjoy the journey. And I completely understand dealing with medical issues. Some people are champions at dealing with their health issues.... I'm not one of them but I manage to stumble along. ( I cried my A$$ off every day for a solid three months after broke my leg) I don't cry often anymore but I do wince every day, many times a day with the sharp at times and constant chronic pain in my leg. I wish it would go away. It's not going to so I'll wish for other happier things instead. Even if it's just a nice weather day ... or no mosquitos in the summer.. but today... I'm wishing you a happy day and a new start on life. :D :fairy2:

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
There's a sweet spot in there somewhere for you.. the niche that will take the edge off and give you joy. Music can soothe your soul and I know you do write. Write a happy story... let your imagination take you on a fun ride. You and millions of other people feel the same way... thinking you'd be further along in life. You may be in the same position at age 50 or 60 thinking the same thing, you wouldn't be the first. You can't worry about the potholes... just enjoy the journey. And I completely understand dealing with medical issues. Some people are champions at dealing with their health issues.... I'm not one of them but I manage to stumble along. ( I cried my A$$ off every day for a solid three months after broke my leg) I don't cry often anymore but I do wince every day, many times a day with the sharp at times and constant chronic pain in my leg. I wish it would go away. It's not going to so I'll wish for other happier things instead. Even if it's just a nice weather day ... or no mosquitos in the summer.. but today... I'm wishing you a happy day and a new start on life. :D :fairy2:
Thank you. I haven't played the piano in months because I wasn't inspired, but maybe I'll start getting back into it, as well as reading and writing. I've had writer's block for over a year and I'm just now finding my creativity again. It's not full speed like it was, but I'm hoping that will change. I've got to find ways to keep myself busy, otherwise I'm a mess.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Thank you. I haven't played the piano in months because I wasn't inspired, but maybe I'll start getting back into it, as well as reading and writing. I've had writer's block for over a year and I'm just now finding my creativity again. It's not full speed like it was, but I'm hoping that will change. I've got to find ways to keep myself busy, otherwise I'm a mess.
I love, love piano music.. so soothing. I also love guitar, especially spanish guitar music. Maybe because I lived in Spain. It just feels so magical. I haven't painted in eight years, actually, since I broke my leg. Something was simply turned off in my brain. I may return to it but in the meantime I make jewelry and sell it in a small gallery here. For me, there just aren't enough hours in a day to do all I'd like to do so I do what I can with the time I have. I wonder how Java would like listening to the piano. If he enjoyed it and it soothed him... there you go... some inspiration to play!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
BTW..... we could use another fart thread. It was stinking fun!!!! Nothing like fhits and giggles to get the day rolling... :wasntme:

AmyJas

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amy
Hi Brittany, I'm new here, but I just want to say, your Vasa is so cool! I hope to see more of him. Sorry to hear about his little hormone problem.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi Brittany, I'm new here, but I just want to say, your Vasa is so cool! I hope to see more of him. Sorry to hear about his little hormone problem.
Thank you and welcome! Hormones come with bird ownership, he'll manage. I find that removing him from his cage lessens the phobic bar chewing and clinging. :fairy2:

Last edited:

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love, love piano music.. so soothing. I also love guitar, especially spanish guitar music. Maybe because I lived in Spain. It just feels so magical. I haven't painted in eight years, actually, since I broke my leg. Something was simply turned off in my brain. I may return to it but in the meantime I make jewelry and sell it in a small gallery here. For me, there just aren't enough hours in a day to do all I'd like to do so I do what I can with the time I have. I wonder how Java would like listening to the piano. If he enjoyed it and it soothed him... there you go... some inspiration to play!
He enjoys the piano. I have a video on my profile of him "singing" along with a tune I was playing. I'm very much a beginner but he cheers me on even when the rest of the house is like "is that you making that awful noise?"
Yep, and proud of it lol

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
He enjoys the piano. I have a video on my profile of him "singing" along with a tune I was playing. I'm very much a beginner but he cheers me on even when the rest of the house is like "is that you making that awful noise?"
Yep, and proud of it lol
That's precious!

Status
Not open for further replies.