• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Working from home...

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
I bet!
We are still figuring out what works here. Obviously I want to have them out of their cages all the time (my work room is the bird room, there is no other option), but that many hours of freedom may not be practical if I'm to be productive. Sprite wants to "help" a lot. Blueberry still wants to shout to the world that he's alive and well. JellyBean is the "I have 9 lives, see mom?" type. Soooo.... gotta love 'em :)

-NG

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I bet!
We are still figuring out what works here. Obviously I want to have them out of their cages all the time (my work room is the bird room, there is no other option), but that many hours of freedom may not be practical if I'm to be productive. Sprite wants to "help" a lot. Blueberry still wants to shout to the world that he's alive and well. JellyBean is the "I have 9 lives, see mom?" type. Soooo.... gotta love 'em :)

-NG
A playstand area for them would be great. Rope perches, climbing netsand hanging toys would give them a fantastic area to chill and explore.

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
A playstand area for them would be great. Rope perches, climbing netsand hanging toys would give them a fantastic area to chill and explore.
As a matter of fact they have 4 separate combo play areas around the room (boings, orbitors, wooden gyms, generic wingdow, each setup with various toys that they mostly ignore). They buzz between all of them a lot (plus some non-bird designated areas like my chair, etc.), plus fly random circles around the room, so they do get a lot of exercise. I'd like a climbing net but haven't yet figured out where I can put it. They do chill, but mostly in the afternoons. Mornings it's like they all had spiked coffee or something.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
As a matter of fact they have 4 separate combo play areas around the room (boings, orbitors, wooden gyms, generic wingdow, each setup with various toys that they mostly ignore). They buzz between all of them a lot (plus some non-bird designated areas like my chair, etc.), plus fly random circles around the room, so they do get a lot of exercise. I'd like a climbing net but haven't yet figured out where I can put it. They do chill, but mostly in the afternoons. Mornings it's like they all had spiked coffee or something.
Oh I get that! Birds seem to want to be in the off limits places it's just what they do! I am happy to hear that they have a wonderful and enriching setup! I would love to see pictures!