• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wooty woot woot..Mousebird videos!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Oh Lordy-Lou! You crack me up Carole :lol: Love the title! I'm off to paruse the videos of my future tiny baby :swoon:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I will have to look when I get back. I looked at a couple of the BN vids...too bad no sound, but still awesome!!:)

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
I'll have to check out the videos in a little bit. When looking at that begging mouser baby I raced to the store and got a bunch of goodies to give the parents....

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
:heart: *pitter-pat pitter-pat* They are SO precious in this one! I love them EVEN MORE now :heart:
------------------------------------

Look at that one again. They are ALL young BN. The way to tell is they have not gotton their full red facial mask in yet, and the full colors on the beaks.

And...in looking at the BN resting on a tree. That is an older BN. The mask is very pebbly, and his facial mask is fading.

The thorny branches are I believe acacia or mimosa (I think they are the same thing???) The flowers are edible.

Also the berries looked so similar to the sea grapes you can see growing in FL. I've thought about finding and trying some with the mousers, but always missed when they were fully ripe.

Last edited:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Ah...in watching the speckled...more ideas for food. Figs and palm fruit. I have tried figs and they like them, and in FL there are lots of trees to get palm fruit.

Another thing that is edible is the flower/fruit sprays from the Umbrella tree. Lots of the feral parrots down here devour them.

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
------------------------------------

Look at that one again. They are ALL young BN. The way to tell is they have not gotton their full red facial mask in yet, and the full colors on the beaks.

And...in looking at the BN resting on a tree. That is an older BN. The mask is very pebbly, and his facial mask is fading.

The thorny branches are I believe acacia or mimosa (I think they are the same thing???) The flowers are edible.

Also the berries looked so similar to the sea grapes you can see growing in FL. I've thought about finding and trying some with the mousers, but always missed when they were fully ripe.
I grow organic seagrape in me back yard! :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
wild videos

Status
Not open for further replies.