• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

WOOOOO!!!

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
YALL I GOT HIM OUT OF THE CAGE AND HES A SWEETHEART!!

I did mess up pretty badly in the getting him out of the cage though.

My other two love paper bags. Tteok and Pudge both shred the absolute crap out of them. So I figured I’d tear off a piece for Burt.

Well, I didn’t anticipate paper bags being demons from the depths of hell. That’s entirely my fault, I probably should’ve had better forethought.

As I was putting a piece in his cage, he took off. Thankfully he landed on my bookshelf in an easy to get place, but he did do quite the number of laps around in order to get there, and he hasn’t flown since I brought him home over a week ago (since he won’t leave his cage).

I got him from the shelf, and he stepped up readily. He accepted neck scritches (poor dude is probably itchy as heck with all those sheathed feathers back there) and even closed his eyes during the scritch. But it was easy to tell he was *petrified* and a bit exhausted after his wild flight.

I took a few photos (since who knows if/when this will happen again) and put him back in his cage and closed the door to let him quiet down.

BUT! This made it obvious all his bitey bitey attitude is just cage aggression and not because he’s a legit butthead. I can work with this.

Attachments

FinchORI

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ori
You look so happy when he’s on your shoulder! I’m very excited for you. He’s not a Burt-head! Haha

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Omg you went with Burt?? So AA now has a big blue Burt and a little blue Burt lol :heart:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Look at Burt! He will really have improved feathers as he eats a better diet and takes baths.

Mine can't resist a sturdy serving dish or glass brownies dish . An inch or so if water then really splash around in it with your hand.

Beak n feathers show need more vitamin A. Cooked sweet potatoes served warm usually taken too. Yellow bell pepper, red chili peppers are mines favorite. Serve outside of cage in big shallow dishes let him explore and find. Put out some big junks to destroy. Hopefully he will eat better soon. Quakers really seem to take to veggies very well...at least in my experience.

Wonderful to see you guys so happy

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Well, no luck since I scared him out :arghh::banghead:

We’re back to “NO TOUCH”. He won’t even attempt to step up on a t-stand or perch or anything, just threatens to bite anything that even looks like it is encroaching on his space.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Good update glad u at some shoulder time with him (even if u scared him ) hopefully it’s a step in right direction he must be very comfortable in his cage
as he meet ur other two yet ?

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Good update glad u at some shoulder time with him (even if u scared him ) hopefully it’s a step in right direction he must be very comfortable in his cage
as he meet ur other two yet ?
Not yet, his bloodwork should be back tomorrow I think, and from there I’ll have an idea as to whether or not he is going to be able to beat the other two without issue

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Not yet, his bloodwork should be back tomorrow I think, and from there I’ll have an idea as to whether or not he is going to be able to beat the other two without issue
let us know how his blood works come back hopefully everything good

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Absolutely! I have my fingers crossed there’s nothing wrong with him.
I have my fingers crossed for him too sure he will be fine and then can be part of flock

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Bloodwork came back this afternoon and he’s perfectly fine!

We moved him into the “bird room” - it used to be the reptile room, but since birds now outnumber snakes, it’s been renamed.

This is where I got to find out that Pudge is not only fearless, but also a bully. Burt is noticeably larger, but Pudge is a honey badger. And as the saying goes, honey badgers don’t care. He flapped right over to Burt’s cage, climbed over to where Burt was hanging on the side wall, and tried to pick a fight through the bars. So it looks like my hands are a little more full then even I realized.

On the plus side, Burt seems to be opening up a bit more. Actually, while I was typing that, he flew over and landed on my head and bit me when I tried to get him out of my hair before flying back to his safe space (cage).

Throughout all of this, Tteok is watching quietly from my shoulder, almost like he’s asking why I’ve done this to him. “We had a perfectly nice arrangement, and here you add in these two loudmouths. And you wonder why I started loving the male human more.”

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Bloodwork came back this afternoon and he’s perfectly fine!

We moved him into the “bird room” - it used to be the reptile room, but since birds now outnumber snakes, it’s been renamed.

This is where I got to find out that Pudge is not only fearless, but also a bully. Burt is noticeably larger, but Pudge is a honey badger. And as the saying goes, honey badgers don’t care. He flapped right over to Burt’s cage, climbed over to where Burt was hanging on the side wall, and tried to pick a fight through the bars. So it looks like my hands are a little more full then even I realized.

On the plus side, Burt seems to be opening up a bit more. Actually, while I was typing that, he flew over and landed on my head and bit me when I tried to get him out of my hair before flying back to his safe space (cage).

Throughout all of this, Tteok is watching quietly from my shoulder, almost like he’s asking why I’ve done this to him. “We had a perfectly nice arrangement, and here you add in these two loudmouths. And you wonder why I started loving the male human more.”
my reptile room is now the bird room as it’s 2 geckos 3birds haha

pico gives me the same look why did you do this to me

so glad his blood work came back fine hopefully they start to get along together and burt sees from other two you are a nice human
indie the bully in my house the boss the little cow bag

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Hate to tell you Quakers can be much louder than this!

To me falls in normal quaker noises, but could be hollering back to crows.

Morning are loud here too. Singing the sun up ;)

Super cutie!!!

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Hate to tell you Quakers can be much louder than this!
Oh I know :roflmao: They start up the second the sun is up - but if they hear me talking before I get in there? You can hear the cacophony from two towns over haha