• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Woohoo Chickens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuathaSidhe

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Johanna
I didn't put this in my intro post cause I didn't realize that it was here, hehe.

My daughter has nine Black Start hens that we keep at our aunts house. We got them through 4-H and originally had twelve. She took three of her best to the show/auction and for her first year, she got Best in Breed AND Best in show!

They are almost 7 months old now and we love them. And they love my daughters shoe laces! We have one that is on the ornary side and we named her Dinner. Ok so no, we aren't really going to eat her, but we tell her we are if she doesn't behave...doesn't work, she ignores us..ha.

I do have a few pics but none recent. I will try to get some in the next day or two if we can get out there before it gets dark.

Ok so I dont have as many pics on the computer as I thought. Here are some older ones.

That would be my oldest minion, mwahahahaha. She is the one in charge of the chickens mostly. She is 13 now. I feel so old....

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Aw, cute! I love Chickens. :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
they are so pretty!

TuathaSidhe

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Johanna
Hehe, thanks, those are older pictures. I did however, get some new ones tonight!

Now to find my cord to the computer...that may take awhile! lol.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
aww, what cute chickens!

Status
Not open for further replies.