• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wonderful sweet lovebird

Idaho

Moving in
I am very sad to have to do this, and it is not a decision I take lightly. Without going into too much detail, my life has been turned upside down since January and I fear it has left my poor sweet lovebird without the proper attention and care that he deserves. I don’t like that it has come to this but if someone else can provide him the lifestyle he once had and still deserves, then that is what needs to happen.

Blueberry is a male (we think) blue peach faced lovebird of about 6 or 7 years. He has been in my family since he was ready to be adopted. He has always been so sweet and craves human attention. We have been told by multiple bird sitters that he is the sweetest little bird they have been around. His favorite activities include bathing under a running sink, flying laps around the house, and preening his human/cuddling and receiving scratches. He will be content to ride around on your shoulder and climb all over your shirt, and loves to carry on a conversation with his chirps. He is exceedingly social and tame. It is occasionally possible, with enough patience, to make him fall asleep on his back in your hand. His wings are not clipped but they have been clipped before (about 4 years ago).

He comes with 2 cages, a smaller one and a larger one, both in great shape. He is healthy and eats the petite hookbill blend from goldenfeast. He is a bit picky about his food and I haven’t had a lot of success changing his diet over to pellets or to include more fresh foods, though admittedly I have not put in a hugely substantial effort to get him to switch. He will sometimes eat spinach. I believe with the right encouragement he could be flexible enough to change his diet to what his owner sees fit.

My number one priority is that he finds someone experienced that knows what they are getting. It is so important to me that he find someone that will care for him and love him and give him the attention he wants. He is the type of bird that wants badly to be with his people.

I am in southern Idaho, and willing to travel to meet the right person. Please let me know what questions you have.

Thanks

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He's adorable. I'm sorry your have to rehome him. I hope someone here can adopt him.

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
I’m sorry you are both in this situation. I hope you find a wonderful home for this sweet baby.

mangobird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sam
I’m so sorry that you have to rehome him! I wish I was closer to you, he sounds like such a gem. I hope he finds an amazing home :heart:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I hope Blueberry settles into his new home quickly :)

Conure101

Rollerblading along the road
This is an update to say that I found blueberry a new home. I think it will be a good one. Thank you for letting me post on your forum. This seems like a great place for bird lovers. Take care everyone.
I’m glad Blueberry found a new home! I hope he settles into his new home nicely! :)

Reactions: Ali