• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

With tears I say goodbye for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuathaSidhe

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Johanna
She has no name, im the third owner and rusty cage. And I cant get the angry face to work! They coulda cared less she was going.....I mean god, at least the people who gave up Kiwi and Poptart were somewhat sorta upset about it. She is a nice CLEAN cage now, with fresh food and water getting use to everything. She's not "hand tame" but if you grab her gently to pick her up she will not bite. Started singing on the way home. (I took my travel cage and am glad I did now) and likes to be close to you but not on you. Shes in my bedroom settling in, im not gonna bombard her with taking pics right now. But they will soon come. She just needs time. She really likes to be upside down. lol

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
I can't wait to see pics of her. I'm so glad you have her :hug8:

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
:hug8:Thank you for being able to open your heart to a bird in need. Can't wait to hear more about her:)

Euphoria

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
omg sweeitie i am sooooo sorry for your loses, and dont down yourself hun, your were a great bird mom and it seemed as if you loved them very much considering how great you talk about them. when u can gather your thoughts i would take atleast one into the vet and have him check it over.. maybe, also make sure there are not any gas leaks or something like that if u havent already. im thinking it had to be something they were exposed to. at the same time. so i hope things work out and you can find out something. again imj really sorry for your lose i was devastated when i found one of my budgies dead before and he was in perfect health as well. and for days i tried figuring out what was wrong.. and felt like it was all my fault. i kngw its hard to think now but please keep us posted on anything you find. i wish i could come over and give you a huge hug and fix you a warm meal. :hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

HelenVanessaDavies

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
I am so sorry for all of your losses, you've done such a lovely and brave thing by taking in that lovie in need :hug8:I admire your strength. Can't wait to see photos of your little love bird :)

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I am so proud and happy for you. Lovebirds are the smartest, funniest, cuddliest little birds on the planet. Take your time, don't push and praise her to high heaven every single time she does something you like. They love to be made over. And there's not much they won't attempt for a bud of millet. Can't wait to see photos and hear what you've named her. Just be prepared, if you know for sure she's a female they are hard wired to be cage/nest protective. I have learned to do the food, water, and cleaning up out of Zamir's sight. If I have to do something where she can see me. I suit up in a high collared (buttoned up to the top) blue jean shirt and a pair of gardening gloves. I don't touch her, I just take out the food and water with protection so she can't get me too bad. But mostly I try and do her stuff when she's off playing in the other room.

Ginger

TuathaSidhe

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Johanna
thanks, I'll try to get some pictures here in a little while. She/He really could care less about the cage. I'll give it some time, it could be because everything is still so new. Is their a visual way to tell male/female in love birds like in budgies? I had a male long ago but he came from a breeder and he knew the sex already.

I was woken up to soft little squeeks this morning with a look of "time to let me out now!". lol.

Originally, I was going to say no to taking it in. My husband and I talked and he was on board with everything. I'm glad I did it now.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8:Thank you so much for giving her a wonderful home. You won't F it up. Mistakes happen. You know, there isn't a single person who could not have had an accident in *some* way, shape or form with their birds. I know I could have, and I am real careful with them. Even us great parronts can run into trouble.

Good luck with the little one. :heart:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry for your loss also.Please don't beat yourself up to much though.Accidents happen.Take time to grieve your babies.

FreeByrd

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry this happened.... Not only are you a great Parront, you are obviously a great PARENT!!! You handled the situation with grace. :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.