• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures With a little help from my friend - Seriously Nutz

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Well I have been just as slow as molasses getting Kady’s cage together. Ken and I worked most the day and we are pleased with the results.

We have set up his cage to try to get him moving. Different levels, different angles and turns for him to maneuver. He’s been in it twice today and he can handle everything just fine. He doesn’t want to be in there but that’s normal for him to resist change.

I’m in no hurry to make the changeover so I will put him in it every day for a little while so he gets used to it.

I’ve been collecting toys for a while so there’s some in there from @Mizzely, @Susan and Oliver and @Macawnutz

We’re not done, but I took a few pictures.

View attachment 324579

View attachment 324580

View attachment 324581
View attachment 324582

View attachment 324583
Awesome!!!! I love it!

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Where did you get those rolling platforms? I've been hesitant about getting one of these aviaries on account of the inability to easily move them around for cleaning.

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
I’ve begun the process of gathering supplies to outfit Kady’s new indoor aviary! I came home today and look what I found!!

View attachment 322173
View attachment 322174
View attachment 322175
View attachment 322176

The birch perches are 86” long and gorgeous. They’re just perfect.

Kady also got some beautiful custom side mount toys that Sarah made up for him. He also got the “Dear Santa” and the “Hung by the Mantle” side mount toy.

Thank you so much, we couldn’t be more pleased and hope to start decorating soon!
Very nice!:heart:

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

pawprintedheart

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Valerie
Those birch perches are incredible! Might I ask where you got them? Thanks!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's not a birdy house, it's a HOME! Kady will do great in there after the :eek:eagle eyes settly to :cautious: & then too :meh: meh, must be human furniture.... I think I'll go "Dukey" on it!

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We have finally made the change over! He’s officially moved in, there’s no going back now. His previous day stand has already been dismantled and his double macaw cage will be taken apart this weekend.

We still have toys that need to go up, especially on his day stand, and some that will be arriving soon, so I’ll probably update again. But I was excited about our move and wanted to share.

Kady is doing pretty good, growing pains, but we’ll get there. I’ve been overly anxious about doing this and put it off as long as I could. I really really hate upsetting his highness by making changes.

He’s not much of a wood chewer and likes toys he can play with instead but he has been loving chewing on all his new perches!

** Please excuse the various stages of remodeling/change that we have going on. So much still needs completion. Working around him is slow going as were are redoing walls and trim and...

E291F36D-4DEE-4D56-B3FD-EB2F8C7A9CEF.jpeg

788229E6-C439-4D6D-8580-42E7AA9D62E9.jpeg

D489E192-1E59-4B35-AF75-ADA2D3A6351F.jpeg

57814D5C-E76F-47D3-86FE-A7DBEE2BBF91.jpeg

Last edited:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
That looks like tons of fun! He is one lucky guy!

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Did you fashion the paper rollers, too?