• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Winters here heats on

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Ok its time to get out the humitafire and chek them out
we cant have our birds drying out there skin i need 3 in my one room but then i keep warm and have elictrice heaters i also make sure i air out the place 2 times a day as apt is small need to change the air i bring mango to the bedroom open balicone doors for 20 to 30 min each time i place 2 humidifires near his cage as its about 2 feet out from heater to close to him but only place for it
i also spray him more often in winter his frathers and skin need it
just thought id bring this up for new members that havent had birds long and didnt know they need this
doll mango

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
To true Doll Winter is but around the corner for us here. It is getting a lot colder and the nights drawing in for us. this weekend our clocks to back and that will really tell us it has about arrived!
Find my birds also appreciate the broad spectrum lighting going on to help with the lack of Summer sunshine on their plummage also.:hug8:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
to true doll winter is but around the corner for us here. It is getting a lot colder and the nights drawing in for us. This weekend our clocks to back and that will really tell us it has about arrived!
Find my birds also appreciate the broad spectrum lighting going on to help with the lack of summer sunshine on their plummage also.:hug8:
are your birds in cages most of time im having a problem as mangos out all time how do you do it need help if im to get him under it doll mango

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
i also make sure i air out the place 2 times a day as apt is small need to change the air
This is such good advice dolldid! I have read that our homes are so closed up for the winter that the air quality gets bad quickly. 20 minutes is all it takes to do a complete air exchange. I need to remember to this at least daily. Thanks so much for the reminder!

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
This is such good advice dolldid! I have read that our homes are so closed up for the winter that the air quality gets bad quickly. 20 minutes is all it takes to do a complete air exchange. I need to remember to this at least daily. Thanks so much for the reminder!
it sure does wonders cleans out stale cooking oders and helps breathing i remember my man 40 yrs ago complanining heats on but found out it also saved heat bet you all didnt know that

Status
Not open for further replies.