• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

winnie and marnie

winniezon

Jogging around the block
The whole point to the intense training is so that the bird does not refuse to come back to you and choose to sit in a tree, should be pretty much 100% of the time that the bird comes when asked to. I would think much more training is needed before free flying should be attempted if this is a normal thing you expect to happen- recall definitely needs to be predictable for free flight to be safe for your bird. Once in a blue moon the choice to stay away from you may unfortunately happen but it should not be something you ever expect and certainly not something that is common enough that you plan for it.
Anyway, hope I’m not talking to myself here and you read what I had to say;)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Anyway, hope I’m not talking to myself here and you read what I had to say;)
You don't have to keep poking Shez to get a response. She either will respond or she won't; no one is guaranteed a response when they post here. She also has a life outside of the forum.

Sometimes agreeing to disagree looks like no response.

winniezon

Jogging around the block
You don't have to keep poking Shez to get a response. She either will respond or she won't; no one is guaranteed a response when they post here. She also has a life outside of the forum.

Sometimes agreeing to disagree looks like no response.
I didn’t mean to convey that with what I said. I simply hope she read it completely :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I didn’t mean to convey that with what I said. I simply hope she read it completely :)
Yes, you quoted her post yesterday at 7:52am my time, then quoted yourself and tagged her again at 12:19am today, and then quoted the same passage again 38 minutes ago. It's unnecessary to continue to bump the same response to the same person.

winniezon

Jogging around the block
Yes, you quoted her post yesterday at 7:52am my time, then quoted yourself and tagged her again at 12:19am today, and then quoted the same passage again 38 minutes ago. It's unnecessary to continue to bump the same response to the same person.
Ok please you’ve made your point, no need to come onto me like this, I’ll admit I wanted Some kind of response from her, I was annoyed that she replied to what I said like that, and put a lot of thought into my reply, 5trting to be respectful, I understand she has a life outside of this forum, but I didn’t want her to dismiss my reply completely because I’m sure others see her comment and seeing as she is a staple figure here, most would agree with what she says, which I and quite a lot of free fliers would find problematic, and at the time saw she was online, replying to other threats.
like I said I didn’t want to start a debate, just wanted a sign that she had read what I said and maybe a reply,where she could have respectfully disagreed or agreed and I would have left it there.

winniezon

Jogging around the block
I did think it was the decent thing to do to reply. I apologise if you genuinely didn’t see my reply yet shezbug. I won’t attempt to ‘squeeze’ any reply out of you anymore. Have a nice day, I’m off to bed.

Winn

Jogging around the block
Sorry. I'm known as "Winnie" and my sibling is "Mamie". I found this too ironic.
I really don't have anything to add to the discussion.
My small birds are kept inside. Cats, dogs, coyotes, men with guns... in the neighborhood.
I honestly wish I could let my birds be birds and fly free.
The best I can offer is to give them "confined freedom".

These yahoos with guns would delight in picking them off. An easy , colorful target.
I don't have the option here.

Im not ashamed to admit I envy your freedom.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Sorry. I'm known as "Winnie" and my sibling is "Mamie". I found this too ironic.
I really don't have anything to add to the discussion.
My small birds are kept inside. Cats, dogs, coyotes, men with guns... in the neighborhood.
I honestly wish I could let my birds be birds and fly free.
The best I can offer is to give them "confined freedom".

These yahoos with guns would delight in picking them off. An easy , colorful target.
I don't have the option here.

Im not ashamed to admit I envy your freedom.
You must be in the US too! South?

I’m in Virginia, at the very bottom of the state in a town I frequently refer to as “hillbilly hell” - Men with guns who would love a colorful (or not colorful, from what I gather they’re not picky) target are what I’m surrounded by :cautious:

Winn

Jogging around the block
You must be in the US too! South?

I’m in Virginia, at the very bottom of the state in a town I frequently refer to as “hillbilly hell” - Men with guns who would love a colorful (or not colorful, from what I gather they’re not picky) target are what I’m surrounded by :cautious:
Yes . In the "Deep South, US". Actually a few states south of your location.

It's not so much a problem with the "locals"... It's an issue with the "guests" who come here to hunt. If it moves, it is shot. Even if it doesn't move it is shot. (Which explains our bullet-riddled stop signs and the busted-out insulators on our power lines..):(

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Yes . In the "Deep South, US". Actually a few states south of your location.

It's not so much a problem with the "locals"... It's an issue with the "guests" who come here to hunt. If it moves, it is shot. Even if it doesn't move it is shot. (Which explains our bullet-riddled stop signs and the busted-out insulators on our power lines..):(
We have shotgun blasted signs too, which seems weird to me. Like, why? Why are we shooting a traffic sign? I’ve never looked at the power lines, but I bet I can guess what they look like…

Winn

Jogging around the block
Clays offer a better challenge. It doesn't make sense to me.