• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS Wingdow SWS Thread

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I purchased my Wingdow right before the SWS and decided to get the food cup bracket, food cups, toy holder and veggie/millet clip during the SWS. This has been one of my best bird purchases - truly a must have item. :) In the beginning, I was a little afraid of my tiels trying to land on it - or if they would even try. I thought I might have to place them on it. They have had no problem flying to it and landing on it. Two of my tiels really love it - and spend the most time on it while the other 2 are just starting to approach it. (And another tiel is in quarantine) I moved it to my sliding patio door - I think they like this spot!
P5142448.JPG P5152551.JPG

And while I was taking pics - was able to get a pic of this blue jay perched on a patio chair.
P5142436.JPG

TWR

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Great pictures. I'm hoping mine arrives soon. I know it's in Australia, so hoping it's today or tomorrow. I wish Aust Post & USPS would get together & sync their tracking systems.

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Great pictures. I'm hoping mine arrives soon. I know it's in Australia, so hoping it's today or tomorrow. I wish Aust Post & USPS would get together & sync their tracking systems.
That's exciting. I agree with the tracking. I sometimes wish they'd just learn to track them at all. I once had a package arrive in Aus only to turn around and end up in London, Chicago and then finally back in Sydney. There were 2 weeks where no one could even tell me which hemisphere it was in.

Wingdow

Sprinting down the street
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aleta
@TWR and @LunaLovebird I've had quite a bit of luck with deliveries to Australia. My packages usually get there within a week to 10 days---and I hope that will be true of your packages. Now---the Wingdows I've shipped to places like Croatia and Turkey---THAT was a different story!!!

Wingdow

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aleta
@CeciliaZ Those pics are just fantastic! Mind if I use them on the website??? BTW, I've yet to learn of a customer bird that didn't immediately know what a Wingdow is for. They just know that that perch on the window is for them...

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
@TWR and @LunaLovebird I've had quite a bit of luck with deliveries to Australia. My packages usually get there within a week to 10 days---and I hope that will be true of your packages. Now---the Wingdows I've shipped to places like Croatia and Turkey---THAT was a different story!!!
With the exception of the above, I've never had a problem with packages from overseas. It's always been within 10 days, with one or two exceptions. Looking forward to getting our package from you! I think I've decided on the window it needs to go on. Or more, I think Anakin has decided for me. He keeps looking wistfully out one particular window perched on a chair or from the floor, silly bird.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
@Wingdow, yes you can use them! I also emailed some other pics to you. :) So true - they do know exactly what that perch is for...the gray tiel (Buddy) that has been in all the pics I have been posting flies over to the wingdow, hovers over the perch then makes an easy landing - reminds me of a helicopter...now my female whiteface tiel who has been a little afraid of it but starting to approach it more - she is not as graceful :hilarious:

Reactions: TWR

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
The only time I had trouble with a USA purchase was, I believe, with a shady vendor (after I paid, he stopped responding to emails and I never received the package) but I had done many many USA, Canadian, UK & German purchases, all with very happy endings.

@Wingdow
Aleta, I KNOW it will arrive safely. I'm not really worried out that :). Just very keen and constantly checking my front door & post box.

My half-hearted whinge is simply that I wish that Aust Post could sync it's tracking with USPS. USPS tracking always ends when it hands over the package to Australian customs and Aust Post does not recognise USPS tracking number.

I know that my Wingdow was being processed by Australian Customs on 12 May. It's now 16th May and I have no idea what Aust Post is doing.

Wingdow

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aleta
@TWR I have had packages sit in customs for awhile---but I hope that's not true of yours. Let me know as soon as you get it. I'm anxious for you to get it, too!

Reactions: TWR

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
@Wingdow
Yes - that's my experience too. I have absolutely no doubt of its safe arrival in due course.

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
My half-hearted whinge is simply that I wish that Aust Post could sync it's tracking with USPS. USPS tracking always ends when it hands over the package to Australian customs and Aust Post does not recognise USPS tracking number.

I know that my Wingdow was being processed by Australian Customs on 12 May. It's now 16th May and I have no idea what Aust Post is doing.
That's odd. I've never had a problem using the USPS tracking numbers with AusPost. Perhaps it depends on exactly what method it's sent by?

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I've tried it with & without out the prefix & suffix alpha characters that USPS include. I'm using the Aust Post iOS app.