• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS Wingdow free shipping for anyone in Illinois

Wingdow

Sprinting down the street
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aleta
Wingdow is located in Illinois---which means we have to charge sales tax to anyone in Illinois buying our products. Our sales tax is crazy-high---and I hate to charge it. But to soften the blow, I will cover shipping for any Illinois customer placing an order during the Sidewalk Sale. So, happy shopping, Illinois customers!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is very generous of you.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
A dollar saved from shipping costs is a dollar that can be spent on toys.....

For some weird reason I thought Illinois didn't have sales tax (just high property taxes).

SpoiledFids

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
I've been trying to place an order, but the checkout page never loads... Is anyone else having trouble with the site?

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I've been trying to place an order, but the checkout page never loads... Is anyone else having trouble with the site?
@Wingdow

I've tagged her for you.

I love her wingdow (so does Secret, my avatar bird)

Wingdow

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aleta
@SpoiledFids Please try the Wingdow website again. My web guy was in there making a few quick changes---and maybe that's why there was a problem with the checkout page. Call me at 866-WINGDOW if still a problem, and I'll handle it. What a headache!!!

Wingdow

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aleta
@SpoiledFids It's Aleta from Wingdow again. I just tried checking out on our site---and it's working. Please try again. If still having problems, PLEASE CALL (866-WINGDOW) OR EMAIL ME (info@wingdow.com), and we'll handle offline. Don't want you missing out on our sale!

Parrot Hotel & Shop

Hit the Road
Real Name
Stephanie
@SpoiledFids It's Aleta from Wingdow again. I just tried checking out on our site---and it's working. Please try again. If still having problems, PLEASE CALL (866-WINGDOW) OR EMAIL ME (info@wingdow.com), and we'll handle offline. Don't want you missing out on our sale!
You have great customer service. So excited to get our Wingdow :D

Hey question for you - is it able to be wall mounted by chance? Just thinking for the lovely canadian winters where the window areas are colder :)

Wingdow

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aleta
@SpoiledFids Addendum to the above problem with Wingdow checkout. It may be a browser issue. Which browser are you using?

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You have great customer service. So excited to get our Wingdow :D

Hey question for you - is it able to be wall mounted by chance? Just thinking for the lovely canadian winters where the window areas are colder :)
Better yet! Get the strap thingy....I can put ours over chairs and put the parrots at the dinner table with us but they can't get to my plate!

Wingdow

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aleta
@Parrot Hotel & Shop Hi, Stephanie. Wingdows are designed to protect birds from drafts---so you can still use them on the window during the winter. We are in Chicago and live in an old building with drafty windows. Our fids are on their Wingdows all day---and never feel the window draft. That being said, I'm sure there's a way to mount them on a wall---and we can talk about that. (We always manage to come up with some solution!). Also, Wingdow stick anywhere there's a non-textures surface---so you can apply it more places than windows. I have one stuck to a file cabinet in my office for one of my little rescue guys who has an injured wing---so he can be out and I can watch him closely. We also have booster seat straps that attach to the back of the Wingdow so you can hook the Wingdow over a chair.

Parrot Hotel & Shop

Hit the Road
Real Name
Stephanie
@Parrot Hotel & Shop Hi, Stephanie. Wingdows are designed to protect birds from drafts---so you can still use them on the window during the winter. We are in Chicago and live in an old building with drafty windows. Our fids are on their Wingdows all day---and never feel the window draft. That being said, I'm sure there's a way to mount them on a wall---and we can talk about that. (We always manage to come up with some solution!). Also, Wingdow stick anywhere there's a non-textures surface---so you can apply it more places than windows. I have one stuck to a file cabinet in my office for one of my little rescue guys who has an injured wing---so he can be out and I can watch him closely. We also have booster seat straps that attach to the back of the Wingdow so you can hook the Wingdow over a chair.
Ooooo that's a great idea. I do have a desk thing I could probably stick it too. Good to know :)

Wingdow

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aleta
@SpoiledFids I actually saw you on the site trying to place an order. Had my web guy looking at this---because "checkout" seems to be working for others. (Just did my own test again, and it worked.) So, now, his theory is that your internet service somehow doesn't like our server (which also communicates by Comcast internet). We're going to a hosting service shortly that will hopefully fix these crazy blips---but in the meantime, I'll handle your order by email. BTW, thanks for letting me know about the problem instead of just going away in frustration. Technology does NOT necessarily make our lives easier!!!!