• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wing madness

Lothetiel

Sitting on the front steps
So a little while ago my cockatiel hurt his wing, we took him to the vet and they said he might’ve torn some soft tissue but it wasn’t anything to be worried about, they gave us some pain meds and after about day 5 of pain meds he seemed completely fine. Well every once in awhile the same wing appears to be bothering him. He will keep it tense and won’t let me go near it, constantly preening it, and it is clearly bothering him. It was bothering him so much yesterday I gave him some pain meds from last time and that seemed to help. I don’t want to go to the vet again and I’m not sure what could be wrong. He just went through his first molt ever and he is eating/drinking/pooping fine....

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Lothetiel

What sort of injury? When was that?
A soft tissue injury about 2 weeks ago maybe.

Did they do an X-ray?
No, they said it didn’t seem bad enough to do an X-ray since it is stressful for the bird and costly

Is there a reason why?
If it is for financial reasons, maybe you could email the vet or call them and explain what has happened since the last visit?
Yes we might call.

Lothetiel

Update: after quite a bit of research I think it’s his Pin feathers growing in. I read that when they are first coming in if they are moved out of place it can be quite uncomfortable, so I think when he flies (since he is still getting the hang of flying) he sometimes displaces the pin feathers and he gets uncomfortable.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Extra bathing opportunities can help ease the discomfort caused by pin feathers :)