• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Window protection alternatives to curtains?

Xefalen

Meeting neighbors
Hello everyone,

I recently adopted two lovebirds and, although they already could fly out of their cage, it is always a bit impractical to Sellotape newspaper against the windows.

I don't want to use curtains, since they produce a lot of dust and I live under the railway station so it's dusty enough without curtains and dust is not optimal for birds and humans.

How do you achieve to make your windows dangerless? I also want to add, that my birds, although they start to like me, aren't confident enough to stay on m arm so I could show them that the window is dnagerous and made of glass.

I heard about stickers? Do some of you use them? How safe are they really, is it enought to cover the window partially, or is therre still a risk?

Xefalen

ParrotNuts

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Atharv
Maybe a small (or huge :lol:) of coloured tape a bit away from the windowsill so that they can't reach and chew it?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

elitys

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elise
Some people attach cargo net in front of the window so if there's any crazy flying, the bird bounces off of the net rather than smacking the window. Plus, it makes a great place to play.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
We have some of our office windows at work obscured with Rice Paper. It's not adhesive, you just stick it to the glass with water and a squeegee. ladywcer.gif The only downside is you can't see through it so you'd lose your view, but it does let some light through at least. Maybe you could cut smaller pieces or designs in it so you could see through some areas.