• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Willow Ball Replacement

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
Hey all,
Several months ago I bought a package of about 12 willow balls from Amazon for Paulie. I got frustrated because I couldn't find any locally that weren't tied together. But, I put the bulk order away somewhere and for the life of me can't remember where I put it. So I got frustrated again and decided to just make a substitute.
I think it got Paulie's approval. ;)
You'll need: 1) empty roll of toilet paper, 2) scissors, 3) favorite treat.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
A great little foraging idea :)
Ps Love the duck :lol:

laracroft

Strolling the yard
Good idea! It definitely looks like he's enjoying it!

Btw, is that a stuffed animal in his cage? Just, I've heard that if they chew on things like that they can get fibers impacted in their crops which can cause health issues. It wasn't a vet who told me that so I don't know 100% it's true, but I would limit that kind of thing to supervised playtime.

Also, I definitely feel you about losing track of where you put something. :wacky: The other day I got so frustrated because I KNEW I'd bought more toothpaste and couldn't find it. Turns out I'd put it in the pantry rather than the medicine cabinet. Self, why??

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I love how he stops and looks at you "won't you help me get that treat"??

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
A great little foraging idea :)
Ps Love the duck :lol:
Lol, I'm trying to get Paulie to love it too. The first and only time I've seen him "loving" on anything was on a plastic caged bell and I was concerned about being able to keep it and all its nooks and crannies clean. So I bought him a duck and penguin and have been trying to introduce him to them but I don't think he likes them. I may have to give him back his plastic cage bell. Any suggestions on how to keep it clean?

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
Btw, is that a stuffed animal in his cage? Just, I've heard that if they chew on things like that they can get fibers impacted in their crops which can cause health issues. It wasn't a vet who told me that so I don't know 100% it's true, but I would limit that kind of thing to supervised playtime.
I had heard that too, but no worries. :D I pull it out at night when he's unsupervised. ;) I put it back in in the afternoon when I've got time to watch him more closely. Thanks for your concern though! :heart:

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I think you should do a tutorial :)

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
Also, I definitely feel you about losing track of where you put something. :wacky: The other day I got so frustrated because I KNEW I'd bought more toothpaste and couldn't find it. Turns out I'd put it in the pantry rather than the medicine cabinet. Self, why??
:rofl: That's nothing compared to what I told my poor hubby last week. He was out of toothpaste (I don't share my toothpaste tube...ew...) and he was making a run to the grocery store. I told him he didn't have to put toothpaste on his list because I had just bought 2 tubes and put them under the cabinet. Luckily, after almost 9 years of being together, hubby had the foresight to call me and asked me to check on the toothpaste I said I bought... turns out, I bought 2 tubes of diaper rash cream. :banghead::loltears:

Bowsey

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Marina
awesome idea !! Would love to make one for Bowsey !! He loves his little wicker one ! :bliss:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie