• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Willow’s thread

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Willow is cranky today. We’ve switched to regular formula Harrison’s and I think he’s hungry. He devoured his avicake tithe and went to get more from the bag. I hope the regular diet will work because he is a stocky little guy. (I’m dieting too so he’s not alone).

Orchard berry avicakes are crumbly so he’s pecking them up off his basket floor. When he’s fed maybe we will have some scritches.
image.jpg

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Willow has Finally had enough avicake and now wants pets. I look in his basket and I only see the pellets chewed out of the avicakes. But it’s loud in my backyard today (construction noise) and I think he doesn’t like that. I don’t either.

Jasper is going through her weird noises and whistles. This is what she does when I have willow out. She was doing a very impressive rachet earlier. Now it’s some weird gabble that kinda sounds like a big budgie crossed with a slide whistle.

Mr Willow is a bit cranky today. I suppose new pellets plus construction noise is not a good combo. And he’s not biting gard but just being a bit pinchy. It seems like a startle reaction almost. Poor guy. He doesn’t want to be pet and doesn’t want not to be pet. It must be hard.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Having a Mother’s Day snuggle with Willow.
Jasper will come out next. She is busy with her lunch. E8D49C48-FC94-4179-864F-3F06447773FA.jpeg E27030CE-36D8-48C3-B6D1-13B8F78E57A2.jpeg

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Having a Mother’s Day snuggle with Willow.
Jasper will come out next. She is busy with her lunch. View attachment 429144 View attachment 429145
Jasper had a really good head scritching and preening of pinfeathers. I don’t think I’ve ever groomed so many pinfeathers for her before. She’s also replaced a bunch of flight feathers. I wonder if she’s on a different molting schedule than Willow? I expect him to molt in summer or early fall.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Willow was clumsy this morning. Was running to come out of his cage, tripped at the he last second and fell with his beak open at my hand. I was surprised and jerked back my hand so he spun around and was hanging off his door.

Anyhow I scooped Willow up so he wouldn’t fall and he gave me a few choice bites for scaring him.

Now, Willow is eating his avicake; I told him I was sorry. I hope we have a better day than that. I have a cold but I’m trying to get some bird time in anyway.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
We have had a couple of hours of bird cuddles (he snuggles up underneath my eye) and my angry little man is now sleepy and puffy. He’s such a good and loving boy. He gets lots of smooches on his beak when he’s relaxing like that. So cute!

Attachments

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Willow had a tiny bit of doughnut earlier, as well as giving a nosey neighbor a bit of a pinch. (When will that guy learns?) I couldn’t understand why he was being so goofy but noticed that I put a bright RED and white whiffle ball in his basket. He settled down once I pocketed it.

Here’s Willow enjoying his tiny bit of doughnut. A3342640-9C6E-4DF1-B99E-237AB2A0C1CD.jpeg BBD36FE4-D067-44D6-B1F7-1CC6A6FEE6E3.jpeg

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Willow is enjoying lots of pets and cuddles today. If I stop holding him under my hand, he comes and pinches me. I wonder what’s up with him today. Maybe the fireworks last night were scary?

He’s got a new toybox and I’m trying our different little gadgets in it. He’s so suspicious about new toys that maybe I just need to leave them for a while. Somehow he likes pinecones more than most other toys. They’re brown and he can tear them up. I’m going to try bird bagels, too. He’s not wild about plastic toys.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Willow sat under my chin during a meeting and got pet a lot but otherwise kind of ignored. Afterwards, I put him back in his cage. Then I heard SOMEONE practicing talking sounds and it was Willow!

I hid behind Jaspers cage because I was pretty sure it wasn’t Jasper but I know Willow is rather shy about things. Lots of consonants and he was telling somebody all about his day. He sounded less squawky than I would have expected.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I am pretty sure I got called a “good girl” after returning Willow to his cage (after an hour and a half of scritches and pets when he wanted to go back).

This is exciting! He’s made lots of talking-ish attempts lately.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Willow and Jasper are special birds! What sweethearts! :xflove:

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
They definitely are. They did not get attention the whole weekend, only part, because I had a cold. But they were talking and chattering and singing today.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Willow is enjoying a nice cuddle today as I stop in on this forum. He loves to press up against my face and hand as I rub his head and beak.
Both birds had a very splashy bath yesterday in their cat water fountain and are looking sleek and stylish today.

Attachments

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I’m recovering from a bad cold (complicated by smoke irritation) and I am reading a novel while Willow sits in his basket on my tummy.

When he first comes out, Willow gets a piece of avicake. If he doesn’t get it, he causes trouble until he has avicake. Then he has a good long scritch and cuddles with my right hand.
If he stays out for a long time, he’ll just perch on his basket handle on my tummy. He’s all puffed up and had his right foot tucked up. He was crunching his beak earlier, but now he’s watching me. We just shared a drink of weak tea.

Lucy used to lay on her tummy in my chest or under my chin while I read. But Lucy had a bad leg and liked to rest it. Willow seems to prefer to be on the basket handle and to watch me. I notice a couple of sneezes today and am guessing his little nose is also irritated from the wildfire smoke.

it would be nice if it rained and cleared out the air. But overall both Willow and Jasper appear to be well.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Willow and jasper and I had a quiet Fourth of July. Willow and I were dressed to match! F0EF0E5C-F02E-4A5B-9A1A-B9156440157B.jpeg F0EF0E5C-F02E-4A5B-9A1A-B9156440157B.jpeg

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Willow is blossoming! What a wonderful thing to see!

How is the smoke up your way?