• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Will Red Palm Oil help my Moluccan Cockatoo's feathers?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@Pat H Yes, Red Palm Oil has been used for centuries in Africa for cooking and it is now contained in many products in the Western World - you would be surprised. I don't like the taste, but most birds love it.

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
I decided after several purchases of a Mandolin from a Thrift Store... what I call 'a Sallys'... that I NEED to purchase one so I'LL BE THE FIRST BUYER!

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
I'm SO TIRED/ WEARY of trying to 'make do' with secondary purchases..... :sad10:

The laughable is... I'd probably be the same if I had a million dollars! :tmsmakesme: I am!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
You don’t really need one @Pat H... just use a good knife. My special slicer (mandolin) hardly ever gets used cos it’s such a pain to wash and dry- and it really doesn’t make doing chips for a few people that much easier or quicker. I’d probably use it if I was cutting a bag of potatoes for chips but it’s really not worth the effort for just a few spuds or a pumpkin.

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
Guess I'm like my mom... like my tool toys... I've got her Pop-over pan... she probably only used it once, and I've never... but it's there in the kitchen... just in case! :sneaky:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Guess I'm like my mom... like my tool toys... I've got her Pop-over pan... she probably only used it once, and I've never... but it's there in the kitchen... just in case! :sneaky:
Yep I know exactly what you’re talking about... I have lots of kitchen stuff I never use but it’s there incase I want to use it lol.