• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Will My Male Budgie Bond With Me More Than My Female Budgie??

Gemmy1057

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lynn Garber
I have two budgies, Sonny (M), and Pineapple (F)! They are about the same age with a small two month difference. Pineapples wings are clipped (not my choice) and they are finally starting to grow back in. Sonny can fly, and I always let them out of the cage every day, but recently Sonny has been spending a LOT of time with me. Of course this makes me happy, but I’m worried that Pineapple might be getting lonely. She hops out onto the floor to explore sometimes, but that’s all she can really do at the moment until her flight feathers are totally grown in. Sonny spends time with her and snuggles with her all the time, but he will often fly out of the cage to sit on my head or shoulder or just walk around my desk and laptop while I’m working. Is this ok behavior? Should I be limiting Sonny’s time with me so that Pineapple doesn’t get sad? Please let me know what you think, any advice is appreciated!! 75D19834-805E-49EE-9F44-778929B09205.png

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You're sooo lucky that your budgie boy taking interest in you in spite of a girl's presence :lol: ... I think you three are making a great flock.