• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

will my bird forgive me?

blXndglXss

Meeting neighbors
i think my tiel is a bit mad at me bc they they keep distance from me.i was rushed and stressed and wanted to put them back in their cage.but their were on the ground running away and taking food rom the floor wich stressed me out even more bc they could've eaten something toxic in the kitchen.so i toked them from the back to tummy (like conures like) impulsively and brought them in their cage.i feel awful for jump scaring them and holding them is such a uncomfortable position.will they forgive me and come back to me?

-

blXndglXss

Meeting neighbors
i think my tiel is a bit mad at me bc they they keep distance from me.i was rushed and stressed and wanted to put them back in their cage.but their were on the ground running away and taking food rom the floor wich stressed me out even more bc they could've eaten something toxic in the kitchen.so i toked them from the back to tummy (like conures like) impulsively and brought them in their cage.i feel awful for jump scaring them and holding them is such a uncomfortable position.will they forgive me and come back to me?

-
also to clarify i didn't hold them hard.i held them realy lightly and when i meant jumpscaring i meant that my hand went a bit fast but they knew i was comming.i also putted them in a normal position after i took them.im feeling guilty for the way i grabbed them at first. they acted fine after but im still concern their mad about me because they kept distance more than they usualy do.

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
You will be forgiven, but in the future try to be more gentle. For now, offer treats and talk to them quietly. It might take a little for them to calm down.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I always say sorry and ask for forgiveness. It sounds very silly but seems to calm the animal a bit. I be sincere, and say sorry like as if I was talking to a person. Animals know what's in you, they don't do bad things. Make sure you clarify you didn't mean to do it.