• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Will lovebird be ok if separated at night?

Lovingbird

Moving in
Real Name
Haseeb Akhtar
Hi,
I have 2 budgies and a lovebird and they seemed to get together very well for the first day but soon the lovebird started picking at one of my budgies feet so I separated them again.
I’m now worried that since I separated them now the lovebird May get stressed or such.
I’m fine with letting them together in the morning while they are supervised but I’m scared letting them together at night. Will the lovebird be ok if I do so or will he get stressed. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
From what I've read, I don't know if it is safe to have the budgies together with a lovebird but I don't have actual experience with Lovies. Best scenario, I think, your Lovie would have a buddy of his own species (though caution is always necessary).

Lemme tag a very knowledgeable Lovie person who I hope will be able to help you out :) @Zara

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
My Conure and cockatiel are with each other all day, but have their own seperate cages for night or when we're away. They might need some time to adjust, but I'd assume they'll be fine, especially if one is getting picked on.

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Keep them separated at night. It will not harm our lovebird and might save your budgies’ lives.

Watch them like a hawk when they are out. Your lovebird has shown aggression to your budgies and could very easily and quickly hurt them badly.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Haseeb :starshower1:

As everyone else said, your lovebird must have their own cage. But all of your birds can share the same out of cage time IF you are there to supervise :)