• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

will he still remember me?

PufF

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sam Chan
Today is 11th December 2019,I last saw him at 15th Novemeber 2019.No,he is perfectly fine at the moment (I received a video of him this afternoon) but it's just that,I'm not there.I've heard and know that Amazons,if not parrots in general.have long memories (like decades) but I'm just wondering if he'll still remember me.I've been with him for half a year,which is right past the honeymoon stage (I've heard it lasts for 3-6 months) though I never saw any major change in attitude (reasonable considering he never had a 'home' and that I could only stay for at most 6/7 days a week,3-4 hours at most per day) so I doubt if honeymoon has ended or what.
I'll be back at 23th December 2019 which is weeks away and I'm anticipating,though frightened somewhat,about visiting him again.I know that chances are that he'll remember me and everything will be fine,but I'm still scared to think otherwise.If you ever had depression,you'll know how easy it is to come back and take a part of you,to put it lightly.I know that I will still stay even if he doesn't remember and all but on the other hand,I'll be moving to another place (still in Singapore) which is 1.5-2 hours away from Puff (makes it 3-4 hours for a return trip too) at Feb 2020 which is concerning to me,as that means that I might only be able to visit him 3/7 a week,at most.I still have school if you're wondering.
So right now I just want to find some sort of hope,and hope that maybe,just maybe you guys know better than me.Please keep in mind that we were only together for 6 months and I'll be gone for 1 month and 2 weeks+-.
Thanks.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I've not been around birds until the least few years.

My only experience is that I get attitude from one of my amazons after I return from a long vacation. The other Amazon is like "there you are!"

Each bird is an individual.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think he'll remember you. I had to leave my cockatoo with one of our members for about 6 weeks while my fiancé had/recovered from surgery. I brought him home and it was like he never left. Some birds will give you a bit of an attitude for a day or two to let you know they're displeased with you but then they normally go back to normal.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Please tell me if it does,if so,I could upload more there.

Edit 1-If not,I'll try again I guess.Youtube is blocked so I don't really have an option here.

Edit 2-Also,don't mind the title and description,there isn't an option to show with link only,which means that the millions (yes) of users there can see this video so I got to find a way to try (99% won't work diue to curiosity ) to not let them see,since this is considered private,to me and AA only.Sadly,I cannot upload the video itself,which is on my laptop and needs a link to activate.Really hope any mods could make uplaoding without link an option (as in media-wise,as photos from laptop are fine).

Last edited:

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
Hello. It worked for me, he is beautiful! I’m sure he will remember you too.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
He'll remember you, They don't forget friends. My Maxi Nerd bird would be quite put out after we were gone for a week and give me the talk to the tail for a few days then he was back to normal. Dobby was just so happy to see us again even though he was very upset when we dropped him off at the bird sitter. Once he realized he had all kinds of feathered friends to play with he had a great time but he was so happy when we brought him home he forgot to ignore us.

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I don’t know about Amazons, but when my little blue bird Luna was a baby (maybe 1-2 months after I got her) I had to go away for a few weeks. She remembered me when I got home. I’ve been away for up to 6 weeks since then, and she is always excited to see me when I get back.