• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Will giving your fid's to much attention make them less human social?

Mrcrowley

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
Hey fellow parronts this question has been bugging me because except for my wife most of my fids hate any male person in house or visiting . Question becomes more disturbing since my normally sweet Bella PGCC has begone attacking step son"s and tonight Step sons boyfriend. I know it is probably hormonal but I am wondering if me being so close to them might be contributing to this behavior. thanks for any help good to be back (for as long as my eye's let me) again.Only the females are like this .
Fids II have
One female PGCC Bella
One male GCC Nippy
Fmale WC Pionus Mickey
Male WC Pionus Mugsey
Female Latino teil
2 male grey sided teils

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
It definitely can. If theyre spending a lot of time with you, theyll mate-bond with you. Parrots in the wild tend to spend majority of their time with their mates. So its not unusual for them to dislike other people.

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Agreed ...Elvis has changed from a fun loving all people hands on:angelic:...to~~~a very selective attitude towards others. The only one that can man handle him like me, is my eldest daughter..the love of his life..:heart:..when I have visitors, which is not very often, I have to cage him. He is not to be trusted. He has already shown aggression towards my youngest daughter and literally bit her ear on a dive bomb:grumpy:....bit my son-in-laws head AND bit a friend of mine again, on his ear....yep, every body else is the INTRUDER>:wideyed:> my fam and friends call him the "terrorist"..:laugh: