• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wild Parrots in Florida..lots of pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
Reminder to everyone who wants to see wild parrots in huge numbers come to the free Audubon Parrot Field TRip December 3rd in Miami. Sigrid and Missi came last year which was wonderful. Sigrid I'm going to forward you an e mail with the preliminarey results of our Audubon's first ever parrot count which is taking place now. The variety and numbers of parrots living here are staggering. I'm also going to send a picture of one of our chestnut fronted macaws. There is a large flock in Fort Lauderdale. Can you post them for me?

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
Saw tons of parrots at the Audubon's Parrot Field trip yesterday. There are 69 different parrot species in S. F.. We saw large flocks of Amazons, conures and parakeets. I now kow where the flock of chestnut fronted macaws hang out. Everyone at lunch was talking about "Where are the blue and golds.? Only 9 were counted when the usual number is close to 40. See Tica's post about macaws fleeing at 11:30 at night. We fear poachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.