• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Wild Horses

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
We went hiking with the kids this week and the wildlife was out since our weather is already quite spring like. This is at a lake just 5-10 mins from my home. The wild horses came down and splashed in the water while getting a drink right next to our fishing spot. We don’t interact with them and they peacefully do their thing before heading back into the brush. 2AC61331-961C-46EB-B9A1-1DDD8BE336E1.png FA6B6DFD-C31D-4D9B-9B6A-0E967C8AD559.jpeg
DAD29233-BBC8-478C-A8AF-DFF67691AA4D.jpeg

A second herd with a few babies came by but stayed further away. 3817071A-F9B9-49D8-B8A6-766159810349.jpeg

A bald eagle stopped by the see if we had any luck catching fish. 3F722085-155F-4FD7-B6E2-01B210AD0676.jpeg

It’s definitely a beautiful season for the desert.

7071B873-3426-4FB9-9C85-D31871A1DA67.jpeg :smileflower:

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my gosh! Wild horses and an Eagle, I would be on cloud nine to ever see something like that! Thank you so much for sharing your special moment!!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Beautiful! How wonderful to see these animals out in the wild, being free and living their best life :)

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Those horses appear to be in pretty good condition. There must be plenty for them to eat. I'm used to the wild horses in Nevada that always seem to be scary poor and on their last leg. Many of them die from starvation and freezing in the part of NV where I lived.

We have a couple of Bald Eagles who nest right at the golf course and next to the town lake - which is stocked with fish. They aren't dumb Eagles. We do have a lot of wildlife in AZ. Does anyone want a bunch of elk that eat my yard every year?

Is that the Verde River @MiniMacaw ?

Davi

Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
Wow! Amazing indeed! In my dream world all animals are happy and healthy 100% of the time! :) Obviously not the case, but it always warms my heart to see happy animals in their natural habitats!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Those horses appear to be in pretty good condition.
Yes really. Make me so happy that their is still wild horses that don't starve and can live a free life.

Thanks for sharing! ❤❤❤

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Those horses appear to be in pretty good condition. There must be plenty for them to eat. I'm used to the wild horses in Nevada that always seem to be scary poor and on their last leg. Many of them die from starvation and freezing in the part of NV where I lived.

We have a couple of Bald Eagles who nest right at the golf course and next to the town lake - which is stocked with fish. They aren't dumb Eagles. We do have a lot of wildlife in AZ. Does anyone want a bunch of elk that eat my yard every year?

Is that the Verde River @MiniMacaw ?
I will take all of your elk lol. We don’t get them down here. If I want to see elk it’s about a two hour drive up North.

The wild horses down here thrive. It is very unusual to see one that isn’t doing well and they breed heavily in the spring. The biggest threat they face is the people that don’t want to allow the wild horses to stay due to the risk to people or road accidents. Some horses have been found shot and they never find the people that do it.

This is the Salt River. We drive pretty deep into it to avoid the busier section that fills up with people. It’s such a large river thankfully there’s many areas most people don’t go so wildlife is out and about.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
The biggest threat they face is the people that don’t want to allow the wild horses to stay
I have heard that and also reading a "true story book" about a girl that rescued several mustangs.
Those kind of people will always be my heroes. ❤❤❤

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Love the photos!!! We've got wild horses up here in Nevada as well. I stopped to check out a small herd that is often around my sisters home.... bad idea! They came to check out the car! Oops! lol