• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wild Caique Sighting in NC!!!

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
Ok so I may have baited that title a bit... :ashamed2:

I fully expect everyone on this site to laugh at me. I'm even laughing at myself for this one. With all the excitement and research I have been doing on Caiques I had a really funny experience the other day. I woke up in the early morning, completely in a daze... Probably best described as sleep walking. For some reason, I went to the backyard window and looked out into the garden planter in the back that is kinda overgrown from the forest behind my house. Near the bottom, I could have SWORN I was looking at a Caique in the distance. I remember being all fuzzy eyed and just starring at it for several minutes, my mind trying to process what I was actually seeing. Its weird how the mind works sometimes when you're half asleep. Part of you knows your crazy and not actually seeing what you think you see, but the other half of your brain just wont let it go. I went back later that morning once I was awake and took a picture of what I was looking at hahahahaha. Part of me says, Yeah... I'm totally crazy, and part of me says, yeah... I can see how I thought that in my sleep...

Call me crazy. I get it haha

Sleepy Caique sighting.jpg Wet Caique.jpg

Last edited:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Oh yeah, I totally see how you see it but I should also warn you that I stare randomly at the bathroom tiles and see all sorts of things in the patterns there...like Snoopy and a pirate and a horse...maybe I'll start taking pictures of them and see what you can see!:rofl:

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
That's alright.........when I am in mad research mode, I start seeing whatever I'm researching EVERYWHERE (and in my dreams). These days everything looks like a Parrot without my glasses on LOL.