• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wild Bird Visits (WBV)

BlueBird67

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mo
We will start this with my personal favorite front-yard birb, Sweetie the house finch. She is really flighty, unlike the juncos which just sit and eat their fill on the window feeder. Being said, please net your windows to avoid having birbs hit your window.
Hair fit for a queen: If you take a closer look, you can see Sweetie's "Hairstyle".
Now, we can continue with Sweeties special friend, Berry. Sweetie is a rather aggressive bird, and she drives all the house finches out of the feeder except one - Berry. Berry is the LAZIEST house finch in the world. He doesn't care what happens around him.
Please tell me if the photos do not load...
Berry lacks the scrumptious hair though.

Now, let's go over two more birds: Junky and Mocker.
It's rather easy to guess what species the two are...
Junky is a dark eyed junco, and she's lazier than berry. She also does amazing poses. Dark eyed juncos are ground nesting foragers, but they are also pretty good at foraging in trees, so reaching this window-feeder is no problem. I've done my fair share of tagging juncos for migration routes and research, but I've never caught Junky. She always perches on top of the trap, and sounds an alarm "Chewchewchew" before any bird thinks of entering the trap. Speaking of tagging, if you see any juncos with an orange, blue, red, or green tag, please report at foreignenty03@gmail.com
Pictures are welcome, but not needed. I will need state location too, but not exact location.
Junky the junco
Mocker the mockingbird has been my guard bird for a while now. He loves mimicking my birds at home, and chasing squirrels out of my front yard. You may think he's sweet, but he can get loud in the morning!
I'm sorry, but mocker isn't that great at poses...
Thank you for joining me in this...rather unusual WBV.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:budgie7: :budgie5: :budgie6: :vlb2: :vlb2::tag::sun:

BlueBird67

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mo
Oh my those photos are big! New wild bird photos coming up next week (If possible)!
Guess what birds they'll be: here are there names...
Mally
Homer
Dover
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
:sun: :tag: :vlb2:
:vlb1::budgie6::budgie7::budgie5:

BlueBird67

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mo
So, can you see the photos? ?<(0)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
:vlb2: :vlb1: :tag: :sun::budgie6::budgie5::budgie7:

foreignentity03@gmail.com