• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Wild bird rescue - Fort Worth Texas - HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

kep817

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kimberly
Last night somee type of hawk was on a very low fence beside my house. Stayed all evening and I think roosted in a small tree. Just now the bird is on the ground. Just sitting and making a few noises. He does not look right to me. I think it might be young. Does anyone know a rescue for wilid birds in Fort Worth, Texas. i am going to start googling now. Thanks for any help/advise.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Thanks Matt!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I hope that someone listed can help.

Matt

kep817

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kimberly
OK. I spoke to one that was not on this list - found the number before Matt's list. I went to take a picture with my phone and the bird did walk some. So she suggested that I put out water and mabe a small piece of steak. Went back out with water and the bird was walking beside my house. I can't see injuries, no bleeding. The rescuer told me just to watch tonight if it is moving around. She feels that if it is young its parents may be around and I should not touch it. If it is still around tomorrow I am to call her or the other person on Matt's list that rehabs raptors. I just wish it would get up off the ground. Just went out again to check and can't find it. I will keep watch for a while. Thanks for the quick response.

Dani

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Waiting for a update please..........I hope everything is OK :)

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
We had a baby red tailed hawk for awhile last year. We finally figured out that the parents were leaving him there to watch our berry bushes. Is there some sort of food source for small birds, feeder, cherries? Hope he's ok.

kep817

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kimberly
I looked all over for him this morning and off and on today and could not find him. I have not heard him either. The rescue organization said that he could be young and the parents nearby so not to touch him unless he was just laying there shaking or had obvious injuries. I could not see injuries and he was fully feathered. I put out water. After he walked beside the house last night I could not find him again. I will keep watch for him but I am hoping that he is soaring around somewhere.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Hopefully he headed out on his own and is doing just fine. Thank you for caring enough to seek help for him :hug8:

Dani

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Sounds like he is off on his own! Glad you were there to watch over him. :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.