• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wild bird help

sallyx

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Sally
Hi guys, I’m aware that this is most likely parrots only but I need help and I think you guys may be able to help.

I was attending my highschool (in Australia) where my friends had found a bird in a quad, meaning it was no where near a tree, it was in a social area. According to them its parents were attacking it so they removed it from its parents. They had placed him in a box and kept him somewhere safe. They let me know today and I suggested I could bring it home, as I have had multiple birds somewhere end up stuck in my wall from a hole somewhere in the wall. I am an animal lover so I usually take care of the birds for the first couple day to a week until this rescue lady takes them and raises it til it can eat and fly on their own. The lady is no longer an animal rescue volunteer and I am not sure what else to do. This bird is an Indian myner meaning it is a pest in my country, so if I bring it to a vet they will most likely put it down. It is currently fledging and learning to fly, but can not eat on its own. Any tips or advice that could help me out?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator