• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wild Bill

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
SO happy and excited to announce we are getting a new baby to love! :loveshower:
Well... he’s not exactly new... or a baby, but he’s new to us! We are adopting an older Nanday conure from our local rescue! Obviously we picked the worst time in the history of EVER to decide to add to our flock, but PEARL has been AMAZING to work with! We were able to take the class and do the home inspection virtually.

Everyone, this is Hickok :heart:
B7D001ED-AA6E-4FC4-9C57-6A9EEAB9FE6E.jpeg 0A3F7BD3-7D78-4C6D-8E25-90CA2383D583.jpeg 7D78AA26-37E9-4E47-AC0B-7B5E4734E606.jpeg
Hickey is a sweet birb, and we are so lucky and excited to be able to give him the “retirement” he deserves:swoon: The poor guy didn’t even have a name when he got to the rescue:( They named him Hickok, which is why we’ve been referring to him as Wild Bill.
We’ve got his cage setup and I’m working on it right now. Hopefully we are able to successfully do a “social distancing” approved handoff this weekend! :bliss:
Also, thank you @sunnysmom for getting me the extra pics to ogle and @Love My Zons for helping me pick out food and getting it here so quickly. You guys rock!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Congrats!! :heart:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Congrats! What a gorgeous birdie! And he's very lucky to be getting you as his momma!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:yah:
Congratulations!! He´s lovely!! :starshower1:
Such a super lucky bird to be going home with you!

Well... he’s not exactly new... or a baby,
No.,... He will always be a baby! :swoon::bliss:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh wow, how exciting!:congrats5:
He is so cute, and I’m so happy for you and him!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I must have sucker written across my head. I can't resist an animal in need, either.

He is such a lucky little guy to be part of your family!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Congratulations! So excited for you and so happy for Hickok.:heart:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Adorable! Poor little guy with those missing toe nails.
Yep :( and nobody really knows what happened to the poor guy. The only thing we do know is he is going to have lots of soft places to perch and play, platforms, TONS of love and ....WHATEVER he wants from now on:cloud9: Obviously his grip isn’t the best either, so we are working to make his areas as accommodating as possible.

I’m just so happy Pearl saved him and now we get to love on him!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I'm so excited for you! Nandays are so gorgeous, imo, I love the hints of blue in their feathers. He's going to seem gigantic compared to JoJo and Loki! Good to hear that he does well with other birds, too. I can't wait to see more of him!

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
I'm so excited for you! Nandays are so gorgeous, imo, I love the hints of blue in their feathers. He's going to seem gigantic compared to JoJo and Loki! Good to hear that he does well with other birds, too. I can't wait to see more of him!
Lol his size is my problem right now! I’m trying to figure out how to set everything up for him and only being used to budgies- where I put tons of stuff all around them cuz their little bodies can maneuver so well- is really throwing me off!:wacky: I want him to have lots of stuff to do, but plenty of room to chill and spread those beautiful wings!
They have all said he is a really gentle soul who gets on with little birbs: at his foster home right now he’s out all day with a gcc and a tiel. Of course, even compared to them budgies are tiny, so it is scary. We still have time with quarantine, but when the time comes I’m hopeful they can all be out supervised:swoon:
Great news! We’re getting him tomorrow!!! He’s being handed off in a travel cage, using a Clorox wipe and everyone wearing our masks of course. I hope that doesn’t terrify him! Of course, he is Wild Bill Hickok so he’s used to bandits, right?!?
:lol:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
He is such a sweetheart :swoon: He arrived around noon in his travel cage, so we brought him in and opened the door to let him decide when to come out. 2 seconds later, he was out and on my shoulder! He spent some time there, then on hubby, then our daughter... We pretty much just hung out and soaked it all in.
We were a bit concerned when evening came and he still showed no interest in his cage or play areas- just us. He ate his pellets like a good boy (with us) then later ate his chop with us, he really is a great eater!
Hubby finally got him to go on his playtop around 830 where he had a nutriberry and checked some stuff out. I got him in the cage and he walked across his rope perch, onto his platform and right out the front door and climbed back up top... he did this about 4 more times :lol:Until he got distracted by a toy, so I closed the door. We let him settle in for a while than I sang a lullaby and he made the CUTEST sound- it really sounded like he was purring at me :heart: I checked on him a bit ago and all was quiet until he heard me leaving and made a few sounds like the Cadbury bunny :laugh:
It was a great 1st day! Only thing is... he’s picked his favorite person, and it’s not me. But these 2 are ADORABLE together so I’m fine with it :cloud9:

9CB9F35B-DC34-45DD-B382-AB0A31F27C39.jpeg
And to be fair... I was juggling time to hang with the budgies and human kids so... there’s still a chance I can be the fave too... right!?:p