• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wild baby Galah

Birdman696

Meeting neighbors
So yet another thing happened. Early this morning I found a wild baby galah sitting in my backyard that seemingly couldn’t fly or walk properly, instead of walking it crawls using its beak to pull it along. So I picked it up with a towel and placed it in a box and put it in a dark room to settle. Any help would be great, tips, etc. hope the bird is ok

Attachments

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw! I hope he/she will be okay! I’m sure someone will come along with some good advice. It seems like the birds know where to go when they are in need! :heart:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Might need a vet. Maybe his legs are broken & it fell or something, Parents will probably throq out a bird they think is handicapped/// If its legs/wings are broken it might be in pain.
First thing is water & food though...Any more photos to see how old it is. You may have to feed it formula if its still a baby.. Cute lil pink fluff...Guess your in AU...I;ve seen a few on the telephone lines near my moms house, but mostly the corella run the town...

Birdman696

Meeting neighbors
So earlier today I found a hurt baby galah (more from other post) and I have taken it in. At first I thought it might have foot problems because it couldn’t walk properly, but now that I have rearranged the box it is in, it looks almost bent, and am wondering if this is normal or a spinal issue, if so, what should I do?

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
This baby really needs to see a vet as soon as possible.

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
I would recommend taking him to an avian vet as soon as you can. I rescued a small bird and the wires person I called told me it was fine and wait until tomorrow afternoon for them to pick it up and take care of it.

I regret not taking it to the vet immediately.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m glad you scooped up this little one, I also think a vet visit is needed.
I have merged the two threads to contain information and replies in one place.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Birdman, if you have birds of your own, be very careful to observe strict quarantine rules.
I don't know where you live, but wild birds and disease is a very real concern if you own birds.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best